I'm New, Hello Everyone! Also, Tuning Questions

This is a discussion on I'm New, Hello Everyone! Also, Tuning Questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everybody! I Just purchased my first WRX, and I am pretty excited! It is a silver 2010 base sedan ...

Question I'm New, Hello Everyone! Also, Tuning Questions

Hi everybody!

I Just purchased my first WRX, and I am pretty excited! It is a silver 2010 base sedan that I just picked up used with 25k on it. I must admit, with this being my first WRX and even Subaru, I have a lot to learn. I have mainly been a European car enthusiast, with most of my cars being e36 (92-99) BMW 3 series, but I believe that is all about to change! I have a lot of experience with tuning and working on those cars. I have a 1996 328i with a considerable amount of work done to it. I Just traded in my 2004 BMW X3 for my new baby, and I am absolutely LOVING her so far! I took her home for 2 day extended test drive from the car dealer that I work at and all it took was one afternoon of driving; I'm hooked!

I have had her for a few weeks, and I am starting to look at basic aftermarket mods. I've already purchased a Perrin cat back system, which is on its way. Im looking to pick up an intake system as well, and thought I would open it up to suggestions as you all are the ones to ask! I am also looking at other options for power gains that aren't too drastic. I have hear about the cobb access port, so I was wondering what you all could tell me about that. I am still new to the car and the WRX tuning world as well, so the more info, the better!

I look forward to learning as much as I can about my car and meeting everyone here! Thanks in advance!

Edit: hmm, forum won't let me add pictures. Perhaps because this is my first post? Obviously I'm new, and haven't had much of a chance to look around.
    Last edited by Kubiks; 05-24-2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Images

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

gratz man, post some pics when u can

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Forum

An accessport is a device that has pre-set programming that you can use to change your computers programming to gain some more power depending on other modifications.

If you want one, let me know, we sell them.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

I am new as well so welcome! Luckily, my car came with an Accessport, they are absolutely phenomenal to use. Cobb tuning does quite a bit of work for the accessports including rendering premade maps to different mods you do to your vehicle to help it out. My car currently has a Tsudo downpipe catback system, a blow off valve and am going to be getting a cold air intake system from Perrin soon. I have heard great things about Perrin from the community as well. Another thing you could do at some point in time is get an aftermarket boost gauge, I would recommend a Defi as that is what I am currently looking at. Enjoy your awesome new vehicle and from a new user to another, it's a thrill isn't it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Welcome! As others have said the AP has set maps preloaded that match certain mods you have on your car and a fuel octane level. There are many helpful tools within the AP and kinda comes as an all-in-one tuning assistant. One of the bigger downsides you may hear about the AP is that the tune is very tame.

Another route is getting a Tactix Cable and downloading RomRaider and finding a map online, such as TorquedPerformance, and tuning the car yourself that way. Talk on here trends that the TP map is a bit less tame than the AP ones which is good and another plus is that the guy from TP, I think his name is Eric, will actually review your logs and help to 'customize' the map towards your car. Not as much as a protune would customize it completely, but its a middle ground between the AP and a Protune.

The other option would be getting a protune.

The AP will run you $500-600 I believe, as will a protune (if not more). The Tactix cable/TP map will be able $200/250.

The choice is yours!
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

Welcome!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I bought an AP and sold it afterwards and went OS since its cheaper. I wouldn't waste my time on an intake as your first mod especially if you plan on getting an AP. Get a down pipe and go stage 2.