Just got it
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just got it within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Is that sexy or what, just took it over to my local Window tinter, going 35% to 2 front sides ...

Just got it

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0380.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	58.3 KB 
ID:	105173Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0381.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	57.2 KB 
ID:	105174Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0382.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	105175

Is that sexy or what, just took it over to my local Window tinter, going 35% to 2 front sides have to by law., 5% to both rears and little sides in the back , and 5% to the rear, hope that it is not to black. hahaha, Anyhow this is my new ride! just got to the Dealer and it starts Downpouring! go figure

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Love the SWP! Welcome and congrats!

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Great color.Congartulations
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    me likey SWP
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

love the color!!!! Congrats with the beautiful car!! Welcome!!!

Banned
    Nice. 5% is really dark, I hope you don't do much night driving, if you do, try not to go in reverse as much as possible.

5% is going to be overkill IMO...the dark interior will add to darkness of the tint. You can get 30% and it will still look very dark, but provide a nice clear view out the rear at night.

Congrats!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

5% is going to be ridiculously dark. Mine is 20% all the way around and looks great and isn't bad at nighttime.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Well, ty all for the congrats. It is nice to be welcomed, so i decided to go with the window tinters advice since he does them all the time. I went 35% to both front, 20% to the 2 back, and little windows behind rear doors, and 5% to the rear, and it was done around 5 p.m. was not likeing leaving my brand new car anywhere where i could not see it
    all day, but was told it was in good hands, and trusted them! So the wife takes me and drops me off, Car looks awesome with the tint on that SWP paint.
    So i notice the guy is acting funny, now i start getting uneasy, he is dancing around my questions, and finally says we broke something on your back door trying to get a piece of trim off! I go from calm to Hot pretty fast. I say to him you do realize this car is not even 24 hours in my possesion yet, and only has 36 miles on it. He says he is very sorry and a new piece is on its way.
    So i knew being angry was not going to do anything, then he tells me he can superglue it back on!. I said excuse me? Lol your crazy, just get my piece of trim from the subaru dealer asap and put it back on, i will post some pics tomorrow. Besides that, car looks beautifull.
    Last edited by wrxmike1972; 05-23-2012 at 07:04 PM.

congrats i just got mine 2 days ago also

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrxmike1972 View Post
    Well, ty all for the congrats. It is nice to be welcomed, so i decided to go with the window tinters advice since he does them all the time. I went 35% to both front, 20% to the 2 back, and little windows behind rear doors, and 5% to the rear, and it was done around 5 p.m. was not likeing leaving my brand new car anywhere where i could not see it
    all day, but was told it was in good hands, and trusted them! So the wife takes me and drops me off, Car looks awesome with the tint on that SWP paint.
    So i notice the guy is acting funny, now i start getting uneasy, he is dancing around my questions, and finally says we broke something on your back door trying to get a piece of trim off! I go from calm to Hot pretty fast. I say to him you do realize this car is not even 24 hours in my possesion yet, and only has 36 miles on it. He says he is very sorry and a new piece is on its way.
    So i knew being angry was not going to do anything, then he tells me he can superglue it back on!. I said excuse me? Lol your crazy, just get my piece of trim from the subaru dealer asap and put it back on, i will post some pics tomorrow. Besides that, car looks beautifull.
    It will be OK, I promise
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Go with 2% instead of 5% darker is always better. I had. 2% in my. 2door rabbit.

Looks great!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tdoug60 View Post
    Go with 2% instead of 5% darker is always better. I had. 2% in my. 2door rabbit.
    They only go as low as 5%, IMO 5% is going to be dark at night, if it becomes an issue with seeing, i will take it back and have them go 15%.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast