Hub centric rings needed?

This is a discussion on Hub centric rings needed? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; so i just got a new set of oz superleggaras. the hub is about 64 i believe... subarus hub is ...

Hub centric rings needed?

so i just got a new set of oz superleggaras. the hub is about 64 i believe... subarus hub is a 56.1. if i am wrong please correct me. but i was wondering if i need rings or not. is that a big enough space to cause damage or a weird ride? i havent noticed anything different than its a little harder to turn. thanks

edit: harder to turn going from a 7'' tire to an 8''
    Last edited by turrbro; 05-16-2012 at 11:58 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The WRX's hub is hubcentric,not lugcentric.So it would be a good idea to get centering rings.

I have actually had my lug nuts come loose because I didn't have centering rings.If you didn't get them with the wheels,you can get plastic ones at any tire store for about $20.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    The WRX's hub is hubcentric,not lugcentric.So it would be a good idea to get centering rings.

I have actually had my lug nuts come loose because I didn't have centering rings.If you didn't get them with the wheels,you can get plastic ones at any tire store for about $20.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk 2
    ^Wisdom. I just put on some PF01s, and made sure to order the centering rings for $10. I watched closely as I put them on. It's true. The rim sits on the hub as Tony states.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me