AP Stage 1 question

This is a discussion on AP Stage 1 question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; ``I just broke 1000 miles today and had the Cobb SF w /air box installed along with Invidia Q300 catback ...

I Support ClubWRX

AP Stage 1 question

``I just broke 1000 miles today and had the Cobb SF w /air box installed along with Invidia Q300 catback and Process West TMIC. My question is this, on the cobb website it states that target boost is 17.5PSI +/-1.5~ i was data logging and my boost hit 18.4, is that too high? when I went to targeted boost and logged it said 27+ PSI. Why is my target boost so high? I'm afraid of overboosting / hurting my engine I'm researching this topic as we speak on Cobb but if anyone has any knowledge on the matter please let me know.

Thanks,
    Chris-

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    18.4 = 17.5+.9

.9 < 1.5

You're fine.

As for target boost, it could be referring to manifold + atmospheric pressure, where when you're reading boost, you're reading the MAP sensor.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    ahh, Thanks. I was just a little concerned especially after I did the intake the car sounds like a beast now. Sounds like I put a BOV on it when I open her up