I NEED A MOTOR ASAP!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on I NEED A MOTOR ASAP!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; WHATS UP PEOPLE I HAVE A 2002 SUBARU WRX IM FROM NJ I JUST BLEW MY MOTOR :-( CAN ANYBODY ...

Thumbs up I NEED A MOTOR ASAP!!!

WHATS UP PEOPLE I HAVE A 2002 SUBARU WRX IM FROM NJ I JUST BLEW MY MOTOR :-( CAN ANYBODY TELL ME WHERE CAN I GET A MOTOR FROM I CALLED SOME SHOPS IN MY ARE LIKE JDM DEPOT ETC BUT NO LUCK ,JUNK YARDS TOO BUT I WANT TO BUY SOMETHING THAT I KNOW HAS LOW MILES AND IS IN GOOD CONDITION LIKE A SHOP THAT BRINGS THEM FROM JAPAN IT COULD ME ANYWHERE IN USA OR IN JAPAN I KNOW I HAVE TO PAY SHIPPING I NEED HELP PLEASEEE.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

YOU COULD TRY LOOKING ON EBAY OR SEARCHING THE NASIOC CLASSIFIEDS OR OTHER SITES LIKE SUBYMODS OR IWSTI OR YOU COULD REBUILD YOUR MOTOR USING AFTERMARKET PARTS OR IF YOU GO TO THE DEALER THEY CAN SOURCE A MOTOR FOR YOU BUT THAT WOULD BE REALLY EXPENSIVE GOOD LUCK.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    YOU COULD TRY LOOKING ON EBAY OR SEARCHING THE NASIOC CLASSIFIEDS OR OTHER SITES LIKE SUBYMODS OR IWSTI OR YOU COULD REBUILD YOUR MOTOR USING AFTERMARKET PARTS OR IF YOU GO TO THE DEALER THEY CAN SOURCE A MOTOR FOR YOU BUT THAT WOULD BE REALLY EXPENSIVE GOOD LUCK.
    THANKS ALOT FOR UR HELP ILL SEE IF A FIND A USED ONE

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    giggles
    2009 WRX Hatch, WR Blue
    [Stage 2]

I Support ClubWRX
    YEAH, LISTEN TO WHAT MIKIE SAID.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

aaaaahhhh the memories, gotta love buying modded Sh1T. do you know the extent of the damage? compression test? all cylinders low? Loud rod knock? motors are expensive, might wana try to repair. Friend just spent $2,500 on a ej205 with 80,000 miles. So rare, hard not to knock heads. Goodluck
    ++ + ++P3LLA++ + ++

06 STi ( Stage II ) BOOSTED
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE # 808

i was doing 130 and then the car started smoking i pulled over n it was knocking really bad i had to call a tow truck i couldn't drive it anymore is didn't stay on .i don't want to rebuild it is to much work and money too that's why i want to buy another motor

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by subiboy View Post
    i was doing 130 and then the car started smoking i pulled over n it was knocking really bad i had to call a tow truck i couldn't drive it anymore is didn't stay on .i don't want to rebuild it is to much work and money too that's why i want to buy another motor
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    i know im a idiot i bought the car for 1600, the last owner replace the motor a year ago i did a full tune up and thats it it was running grate it has full perrin exhaust and down pipe and perrin intake

Jesus, I haven't been here long but these threads always mention an intake!

There was a thread a few years ago of a young lady who rebuilt her entire engine in her garage over a vacation. You could do that

Kind of expensive, but if you do it, you'll know it's done right, and you won't have to guess at the mileage b/c it'll be zero.

yeah but i did that years ago and is not easy n cheap thats why i want to buy a motor

So... do that! lol. We don't all have motors hanging in our garages waiting for ours to blow up. Unfortunately, it's probably going to take some serious digging to find a turnkey motor that doesn't have a lot of miles on it. I bet Subaru would love to sell you one.. lol

As an alternative, I'll pay you 800 for the car and you can use that money to buy another auction car! Don't get one with an intake this time then I'll do the rebuild and probably either sell the car for a hefty profit, or make it my own rally toy lol.
    Last edited by Ingen; 05-15-2012 at 06:49 AM.

$801 is my offer if you haven't already i'd be calling salvage yards in the surrounding state's.
    ++ + ++P3LLA++ + ++

06 STi ( Stage II ) BOOSTED
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE # 808

Quote Originally Posted by subiboy View Post
    i know im a idiot i bought the car for 1600, the last owner replace the motor a year ago i did a full tune up and thats it it was running grate it has full perrin exhaust and down pipe and perrin intake
    What were you running for a tune?
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

CONTACT KRONOSPERFORMANCE, HE IS A VENDOR OF THE FORUM AND HE'S LOCAL TO JERSEY TOO. HE CAN GET YOU A NEW MOTOR AND ANYTHING ELSE THAT YOU WOULD NEED.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.