New to tuners, 2008 WRX need a few knowledgeable friends to help with plans.

This is a discussion on New to tuners, 2008 WRX need a few knowledgeable friends to help with plans. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, I got my 08 WRX about 6 months ago and its awesome. I already have a 3" TB ...

New to tuners, 2008 WRX need a few knowledgeable friends to help with plans.

Hey guys, I got my 08 WRX about 6 months ago and its awesome. I already have a 3" TB exhaust and Injen cold air intake with a cobb AP stage 2 tune. Next upgrades im looking at are turbo and forged pistons to handle the boost. I know im going to need a walbro 255 fuel pump, bigger injectors, im thinking 750cc and an FMIC to handle the boost but I need help/ advice on how to approach this all. My goal is 400 whp when im done.

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You have a goal so that's a good start. It's a lofty goal, but a goal none the less. With that goal in mind I would suggest the first thing you should look into who is going to tune the car, they'll give you a path to take (turbo choice, injector size, EBCS, etc...). At 400 WHP, you need to look into upgrading brakes and suspension, I would even consider doing that first as '08s tend to be the "softest" WRX's produced. That's where I would start if I were in your position.

On a side note...COBB OTS maps don't support Injen intakes so your first step may be to replace that with a stock airbox. That's assuming you're using COBB maps, of course
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Yeah, I spoke to a representative at cobb and did a couple data logs and they said that everything looked fine with the Injen intake, but I kinda want to do the Brembo brake upgrade and Megan coil overs, any input or suggestions on that?

Upgraded BPV as well after stage 2.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

I Support ClubWRX
    I wouldn't do megans. RCE (Race Comp Engineering) has good choices for coilovers. Look at them.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Alright, I'll check into those, any suggestions on a turbo upgrade?
    2008 WRX, Cobb AP stage 2, 3" TB decatted exhaust, grimspeed MBC (3 port EBCS coming)

What is a BPV?
    2008 WRX, Cobb AP stage 2, 3" TB decatted exhaust, grimspeed MBC (3 port EBCS coming)

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xplay200 View Post
    What is a BPV?
    bypass valve

I have an HKS SSQV4 bov would I need to replace it?

I believe many will tell you to replace it. A BPV is more efficient on our cars, and to be honest, I think a BOV is one of those ricer mods to get the attention. If your car ends up being 400HP, you'll have more then enough attention. But, take a read for yourself and decide, in the end, it's your ride.

"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged)