Hey, new member from NY tristate are

This is a discussion on Hey, new member from NY tristate are within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, New to the subie scene and I dont own one yet!! Im on the hunt to find a ...

Hey, new member from NY tristate are

Hey guys,

New to the subie scene and I dont own one yet!!

Im on the hunt to find a 04'-08' WRX color doesnt matter, needs auto tranny, sedan or hatch.

I currently drive a 2004 4Runner and honestly I dont go offroading or anything and im just pretty tired of it all i go is to school and back and then work and back i do take a road trip out of state but once in a blue moon. Any way I did some research and decided I wanted an AWD car for sure. Came down to a WRX, EVO, A4's, you know the usual. I narrowed it down to the WRX. Ive driven evos, a4's and so on but I just love the ride and feel of a WRX. My brother has a 2002 WRX right now. I drove it around for a few weeks and I loved it. Im not a huge fan of the rounder "bug eyes" on that year but I do love the new face on the 04+. Any way I came on here to get some advice and learn some more while im shopping around. I intend to make my purchase within this month, hopefully.

Most of the 04's and up that ive seen got 60K+ miles on them. Is there anything I should be looking out for when purchasing these cars? Any problems I could expect or ask about? Like I said im new, just made this account and i havent done much searching yet but i will be doing a lot of reading tonight when im back from school.

Anyway, its a pleasure to be on here looking forward to getting to know you guys.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome, look for one as stock as possible, when buying also try and get your hands on the service history. the transmissions are the 1 weak point i can think of in the wrx from 02-05 (auto or manual doesn't matter). that's all i got

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

Check out this forum Car Purchasing Forum for tips on what to look for when purchasing a used car.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by silverautorex View Post
    welcome, look for one as stock as possible, when buying also try and get your hands on the service history. the transmissions are the 1 weak point i can think of in the wrx from 02-05 (auto or manual doesn't matter). that's all i got
    Awesome, sounds good. My brother told me the exact same thing. He said find one thats as close to bone stock as possible. He said if theres a lot of mods theres a good chance there may have been some abuse to the engine/tranny. Thanks for the heads up.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Welcome.

Check out this forum Car Purchasing Forum for tips on what to look for when purchasing a used car.
    Thank you for this. I found this forum at class on tapatalk. Didnt get to do much scrolling. Just got home and will be reading it through tonight for sure!

Thanks for the tips and replies guys.

I Support ClubWRX
    Where in NY?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Im located in Jamaica Queens NY

Welcome to the forum!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Thanks!!

Oh and I believe I finally decided on an 02' Wagon at 150k miles. Found one for about 7200 including fees and taxes from a dealer. Didn't really like the bug eyes at first bit they've grown on me and the 07 I wanted at first was way outta my price range at 16000. Still trying to do a bit of negotiation but we'll see wish me luck!

---
    I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?envaaz

Didnt want to make a new post, but i finally got my wrx, its a 2002 wrx with 93K mi on the clock. Drives great runs great looks clean and its black.

Theres only a few minor issues, the trunk and gas gap release levers are missing, the center console latch is busted, the auto dimming mirror is busted as well (its completely dark cant see squat). It came with an aftermarket carbon fiber hood and scoop, im not a huge fan of it, plus its not aligned properly. There a 1/4 to 1/2 inch gap from the good to the body on the left side. And it also seems that theres something missing from in side the hood scoop.

Issues are all really cosmetics. No drips, leaks, knocks or pings of any kind. Seems solid. Drove it for a few hours rides very nice. No issues with coolant or over heating. So for now all seems well.

Ill be searching the forums but if any one reads this can you give me a heads up on what might be missing in the hoodscoop?

Thanks!

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Forum

If you need any parts or advice, let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

Quote Originally Posted by surchk View Post
    Didnt want to make a new post, but i finally got my wrx, its a 2002 wrx with 93K mi on the clock. Drives great runs great looks clean and its black.

Theres only a few minor issues, the trunk and gas gap release levers are missing, the center console latch is busted, the auto dimming mirror is busted as well (its completely dark cant see squat). It came with an aftermarket carbon fiber hood and scoop, im not a huge fan of it, plus its not aligned properly. There a 1/4 to 1/2 inch gap from the good to the body on the left side. And it also seems that theres something missing from in side the hood scoop.

Issues are all really cosmetics. No drips, leaks, knocks or pings of any kind. Seems solid. Drove it for a few hours rides very nice. No issues with coolant or over heating. So for now all seems well.

Ill be searching the forums but if any one reads this can you give me a heads up on what might be missing in the hoodscoop?

Thanks!
    sounds like you are missing the splitter inside the scoop which directs the air flow to the intercooler

Awesome!! Thanks alot silverautorex.

Ill start searching for one right away. Ill check the for sale threads and see if I find one. Just incase I cant find any one the forum, do you happen to have a part number for it or do you happen to know where I can order one? Hopefully google will get me something, or even ebay.

Thanks once again for the info.

i just happen to have my 2002 hood scoop with the splitter for sale if your interested

haha when i did a search you were the first person to come up, ill pm ya