Hatch vs. Sedan? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on Hatch vs. Sedan? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I owned a 11 sedan in silver last year and now own a 12 dgm hatch. They both have their ...

I owned a 11 sedan in silver last year and now own a 12 dgm hatch. They both have their strong suits..i wanted the extra space and just wanted a different look. Very satisfied with the hatch so far. Seems less squeaky as far as interior noise. I had squeaking from the area above the rear seats in my sedan.

All personal preference i think

Sent from my ADR6325 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Ingen View Post
    The thinking is basically over! My 2012 silver premium hatch is on the way! Came with a couple of accessories I could have skipped, but nbd. Also was missing a couple that the dealership can definitely do. Thinking about having the clear bra / tint guy do it right after I pick it up, then the sounds system for christmas. Damn, guys, it really isn't very good lol.
    I spent $1k and got an amp with a custom 12" sub install on the left cubby. The amp is under my seat. I like the look of the factory deck opposed to the cheap looking shiny ones. The space in the trunk is there, the car still looks stock, but boy does it sound nice!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ingen View Post
    I wonder if you could replace the wire to the antenna with shielded wire and remove some of the problem? I could be convinced to get all my music onto my phone and bluetooth it, definitely. I wonder why the tuner is so crap?
    For me, the signal is great -- it's just the FM signal processor that sucks. I would imagine that the antenna is already shielded mostly, but that any change to just the antenna would do nothing but make reception come in better. If I park next to a station's antenna it's still gonna sound like crap.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

I own a 2012 DGM wrx hatch, and my roomate owns a 2011 DGM wrx sedan.... I have driven both back to back and i much prefer the hatchback. I might be crazy but I even think it sounds better given the single muffler vs. the seperate mufflers on the hatch. Not to mention the better cargo capacity, and in my opinion, better looks. Otherwise, the handling and acceleration are unnefected, also I find the visiblity on the hatch to be just the same as the sedan

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by twister8008 View Post
    I spent $1k and got an amp with a custom 12" sub install on the left cubby. The amp is under my seat. I like the look of the factory deck opposed to the cheap looking shiny ones. The space in the trunk is there, the car still looks stock, but boy does it sound nice!

Did you upgrade the door speakers ? The stock system isn't just missing bass, the mids and highs are awful too. Everything sorta sounds muffled. The deck isn't bad, but it sounds like Subaru wired up some soup cans instead of speakers.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    Did you upgrade the door speakers ? The stock system isn't just missing bass, the mids and highs are awful too. Everything sorta sounds muffled. The deck isn't bad, but it sounds like Subaru wired up some soup cans instead of speakers.
    yeah... Sorry about that. I upgraded the front speakers and left the rears alone. I was on a family guy budget. ;-)

Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

If you have a need to put stuff in it.. get a hatch.

If you dont, get a sedan .... Really it boils down to what you want your car to do and what you'll actually do with it.

I own a hatch, therefore I'm apparently biased and cannot give a honest answer (according to some posters) .. however I based my choice on needs vs want. I haul stuff here n there, go camping, have bikes.. etc.

I like the hatch and always have a need for one but the sedan is a sexy car too and performance wise the two are so close your butt dyno cant tell the difference.

I say, get a piece of paper and write "hatch" and "sedan" a the top.. list reasons to own them under the categories including wants vs needs on each and pick whichever has more reasons to own listed underneath it.

Pretty simple methinks.

As for sound systems, you guys need to quit ****in round n replace the head unit. Either that or go with a signal processor and decent amp. Either way the factory hu is not putting out the amount of power needed for decent sound. Many on this forum have heard my setup and I'm still on factory door speakers.. they sound quite good once you feed them some solid power.
    Last edited by mangostick; 05-14-2012 at 10:47 AM.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

This is why I love my wagon.

I think this is the most I ever fit in it. I honestly thought everything would not fit. Once again my wagon amazed me.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

Update for the curious:

they sold my car in Chicago rather than go through with the dealer trade to my guy

Therefore I'm probably going to be able to save for a while, private sell my current truck, and borrow my GF's 2nd car (an auto 4dr honda civic with hail damage, OH BOY, what a whip lol) until I can get my car ordered. At which point I'll order it through Clayton in NJ and hopefully be able to load the car up heavy with awesome options. Silver lining for having to wait god knows how long? Sort of :-\

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345