Just bought a 2004 sti
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Just bought a 2004 sti within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey everyone, Joined this forum to research sti's. I'm 23 and a big car guy. I have a few show ...

Just bought a 2004 sti

Hey everyone, Joined this forum to research sti's. I'm 23 and a big car guy. I have a few show winning cudas, roadrunner, duster.. etc but I just got this sti. Its a 2004.
    Has perrin front mount inter cooler, gt35r turbo 25 psi, external waste gate, header on engine, alum rad, workz blow off valve, full exhaust, carbon trunk lid, race clutch, short throw shifter, defi gauges with playback control box, greddy electric boost controller, lowered, crawsford billet crank, crawsford rods and pistons.. I got it from a uncle (married my aunt) brother passed left him the car. Wanted to see it go to a good home. 49,000 miles.... I'm sure i left a lot fuel pump, rails, tune etc. Friends of the brother that passed said it was dyno'd at 550 to the wheels. I've driven a lot of fast stuff but this thing rips. And i got it for about nothing.

painted the flairs wrb today and installed them nice

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Where about you located? With a car that modified, I'd at least look to get some datalogs for peace of mind.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I live in jeffersonville NY... and i do think it needs a head gasket. I want to pull motor check it out and know whats done for my own mind so i know work is up to how i like it done. Then get it dyno tuned. Any good places near by.

Nice, I'd agree with EJ257, just to make sure nothing is getting damaged. I'm glad you got the car, but too bad it was under those circumstances. Have fun with it and keep the rubber side down. Go test out some highway entrance ramps. And next time it snows, drop whatever you are doing, grab a friend and go out for a drive, you will love it even more.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Racerkilla
    I live in jeffersonville NY... and i do think it needs a head gasket. I want to pull motor check it out and know whats done for my own mind so i know work is up to how i like it done. Then get it dyno tuned. Any good places near by.
    Small world. I had a camp in Roscoe (Tennanah Lake) for years. Used to go to the Wednesday concerts in Callicoon Center. Grew up picking blueberries @ Crystal Lake.

Closest place I know of is AMR in Mamaroneck.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yea, didn't like how i got it, But i'm sure he would be happy the car is being taken care of. The car can run and idle all day fans come on don't over heat, When you drive it and run it putting a lot of boost to it, it will push some antifreeze out but still doesn't over heat. I plan on fixing it and enjoying it and adding it to the collection of cars.

My grandfather lives in callicoon center next to hills country club. small world

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum

If you need any parts or advice let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

take off those white fake body kit crap things. good lookin car tho.

i painted them the blue to match the car and put them on, they look better now.

Damn, that thing must Crank. 550 seems pretty legit.
    - Nicky -
    2006 WRX Steel Gray
    23:4--3:6--27:1

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Small world. I had a camp in Roscoe (Tennanah Lake) for years. Used to go to the Wednesday concerts in Callicoon Center. Grew up picking blueberries @ Crystal Lake.

Closest place I know of is AMR in Mamaroneck.
    You grew up "pickin berries" at Crystal Lake?

Don't you know that is an easy ticket to murdersville?

Oh, and welcome to the OP!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Welcome to the forum.

Idk how close this is, but check it out in Buffalo NY. Innovative Tuning - Performance Parts, Service & Engine Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.