Exhausts.... mainly axle back question.

This is a discussion on Exhausts.... mainly axle back question. within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I've been researching for parts and found the tone of the HKS legimax premium very nice but the piping is ...

Question Exhausts.... mainly axle back question.

I've been researching for parts and found the tone of the HKS legimax premium very nice but the piping is only 2.5" . And then I saw the Greddy SE Exhaust and that is 2.75". I'm ok with that. My question is on the axle back portion of the exhaust it is not like the conv where is a reverse Y flowing directly through the pipes. It actually enters the muffler canister and Somehow find its way through. To explain this little better goto cobbs website and look at the exhausts.

My question is, Is the reverse y a
    substantially better then the other style then the other style like OEM or does it not matter?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

no one has any input?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I'm not sure what you're talking about, reverse Y? I started to look on Cobb's website, but there's thousands of products, and I'm already familiar with practically all of the early USDM WRX exhaust systems.

Could you clarify what you're talking about? Also knowing what kind of car your drive would be helpful.