Just went stage 2. What do you guys think?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just went stage 2. What do you guys think? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; After multiple headaches I am finally stage 2. When i purchased the car something must have been wrong with the ...

Just went stage 2. What do you guys think?

After multiple headaches I am finally stage 2. When i purchased the car something must have been wrong with the turbo. I went stage 2 and 2 days later started pouring blue smoke out my exhaust. figured blown pistons and would have to go through plenty of compression/leakdown etc through subaru. got stage 2 off.... was not happy after a tease like that. Drove stock for about a week and of course the blue exhaust stopped. Finally got an appointment and subaru said it was the turbo. Car was in the shop for a few days and then finally got it back. drove home and had a bunch of steam coming out of my hood. awesome right? smelled like coolant, took it back... mechanic didnt put a clamp on.....idiot...made an appointment with my tuner and had to wait a few days for him to have an opening and finally got everything back on! car drives even better than my first round with the tune. now that im done ranting i have some questions.

My exhaust smells different. I assume its normal because of the changes done with air/fuel etc... just want to make sure. also heres a picture of my numbers. how does it look in comparison. all i have done is full exhaust. Whats the next mod i should do? i think im going with wheels because i care about looks a lot. i need some opinions on which to get. I am looking for something wider than stock for a good price. Any help would be great guys.

GOD ****ING BLESS YOU ALL.

Last edited by turrbro; 05-07-2012 at 07:09 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Red: Stock / Blue: StageII?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Red: Stock / Blue: StageII?
    I hope so lol

For mods i would say suspension next if you haven't already. And/or rims. Unless you want moar powa.
    '12 STi stage 2

Origin GT = impretzel
    Bf4

-JJ

i really want rims. i really do care about looks, and my car is fast enough with just stage 2. i have already gotten pulled over twice since i got it on within a 4 day period. No tickets though, maybe the cops just dig my ride!

are da rimz big...

Quote Originally Posted by THE SHIRMINATOR View Post
    are da rimz big...
    13x6. they are STI pink with blue writing. They came off a honda and i only have to pay $600.

well i have two options. some motegi 17x8 +45 for 450 or 18x9 i think +25 and those are 800. they are much better looking but id rather save 350 dollas YA FEEL ME.

Quote Originally Posted by impretzel View Post
    I hope so lol

For mods i would say suspension next if you haven't already. And/or rims. Unless you want moar powa.
    other way around. i lost hp with stg 2. so worth it. car was too fast before. i made my mother pee her pants from over boostin that ****, and now my car smells of urine and cat hair.

i havent done suspension yet. i have heard good and bad about it.... lost aerodynamics or something..... i think lowering looks good but too low looks stupid. i dont really know what i would be looking for.... coilovers or springs?? and i live in tahoe so wouldnt deep snow be a problem? Plus i checked some stuff out and its pretty damn expensive. but at the same time i dont want to be buying cheap parts... buyers remorse is the worst feeling.

you can do simple suspension mods like sways and endlinks. They aren't too expesive and reduce a lot of the body roll
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

ill check them out. i would like to get rid of a little space... but does anyone know if exhaust usually smells different when the car is tuned.

Are you catted or catless?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

full catless.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by impretzel
    I hope so lol
    Red could be StageI.

Quote Originally Posted by turrbro
    ill check them out. i would like to get rid of a little space... but does anyone know if exhaust usually smells different when the car is tuned.
    You'll smell the gas a bit more than with the OE downpipe on the car.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Red could be StageI.

You'll smell the gas a bit more than with the OE downpipe on the car.

yeah red is stock. i just wasnt sure. its like a weird smell. worries me but ive smelled it off other tuned cars before so im just making a big deal of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by turrbro View Post
    full catless.
    That explains the smell. People have described it as smelling like a tractor.
    After I went catless I told my mom you could smell the pollution. She thought I was kidding.

buddy had a leak between his DP and his catback plus the plug from the extra bung from his DP came off and boy did that bad boy smell like exhaust in his car! Going full catless will do that to ya.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.