New Member-New WRX

This is a discussion on New Member-New WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi everyone! I'm a new member and I just picked up my 2012 White WRX Hatchback last Monday. Bought it ...

New Member-New WRX

Hi everyone! I'm a new member and I just picked up my 2012 White WRX Hatchback last Monday. Bought it at Modesto Subaru and drove it home, about a 120 mile trip. I mixed up the speed and RPMs along the way as I'm trying to break it in properly. When I had about 150 miles on it I decided to top off the tank and it only took 6 gallons. So that's 25mpg, not bad for a fresh engine with a combination of freeway and mountain driving. I'm really enjoying the car. When do you folks think I should do my first oil change? I was thinking about 1500 miles. And what kind of oil? I was thinking Castrol Syntech. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congrats man, be sure not to get all over it until you top 1K miles. And As for the oil, I also have a 2012 SWP Sedan. The dealer told me to do it around 2k. Running fine.
    ---2012 WRX Limited---

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Forum and Congrats on the purchase.

If you want some good synthetic fluid, let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

Welcome and grats on the purchase
    2012 WRX Limited Sedan w/ Nav - WRB
    SPT Exhaust, Cobb AP, SPT Short Throw Shifter, SPT Trunk Trim, RA mud flaps, Cobb Shift Knob, 50/15/15 tint

Congrats on the new ride ! I;m in the East Bay also with a 2012 white hatch wrx