Finally hit decent boost! - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Finally hit decent boost! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Ingen Going fast and hitting boost makes me laugh And I'm gonna laugh my head off when ...

Quote Originally Posted by Ingen View Post
    Going fast and hitting boost makes me laugh

And I'm gonna laugh my head off when I finally get my 2013! Blah, siiiiick of waiting.

So OP, have you really got a chance to punch it yet?
    Not yet. I haven't even taken it to a decent mountain pass. I think once I clock in a few thousand miles I'll get a feel of it's power and balance, or its lack of. So far, I think it's a great car! It's only my second AWD and my first turbo! So I'm not as experienced to be pushing it yet. But in stock form, it's shouldn't be too hard.

I remember when I first had a decent powered car, every time I would come home, I would walk in with a smile on my face.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 90crxfreak View Post
    I haven't received my wrx yet, but I'm planning to do the stage 1 at about 3-500 mile mark. from what I hear the stock tune is REALLY bad for the motor. It kind of scares me. hearing people in their break in periods blowing motors in 600 miles......

BUT! coming from a puny honda fit (with 117 crank hp"OH BOY!!!") the stock tune will hold me over till I go stage 1/ break it in.
    Not sure about what you heard about blowing motors at 600 miles, but if subaru's are going that bad, I wouldn't "tune" it, I would just take it back to the dealer and have them take care of it. I can't imagine being that bad. I think their tune is pretty weak under 2.5k to save fuel. Hence you can probably get pretty decent fuel rating. Most aftermarket tunes seem to address that. If you're burning better at 2.5k, you have a higher spool and more pressure in. This will give you more hp for the rest of the band. Hence you see a huge gap between stock vs stg1. Stg2 deals with inefficiencies due to smog.

But it's your car, and ultimately comes down to what you want out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by DiRty Impreza View Post
    this thread makes me laugh.
    Yeah, I think half of us are just waiting for our new cars and the other half are just waiting to finish break-in... It's like a bunch of elementary kids 5 mins before the bell to go home.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.