Is used Accessport worth to buy?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Is used Accessport worth to buy? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Did anyone have experiences on getting an used AccessPort for 2011 WRX? I saw some posts on craiglist, I am ...

Is used Accessport worth to buy?

Did anyone have experiences on getting an used AccessPort for 2011 WRX? I saw some posts on craiglist, I am not sure if I should go for it. Please help

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Problem that you could face buying from a used stranger (especially off of craigslist)

1. It could be damaged...no way for you to know unless you have it in your hands and try to use it.
    2. It could be unmarried from their cars computer. Once its married to a computer, it has to be unmarried before it can go on someone elses computer (hence your computer).
    3. They could be selling you the wrong Accessport. You would need AP-SUB-003 model for it to work.

If you want to take all of those possibilities out of the equation, PM me and I'll get you a price.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

I Support ClubWRX
    I dont know how i feel about a used one, i bought a new one and im happy with it
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    They are often times used to flash the car, then put in a box until they're removed for resale. If you're interested in buying a used one, make sure you can flash your car with it before buying it (if going the CL route).
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ This.
    2004 WRB WRX Cobb Stage II - Sold...2004 PSM STi Cobb Stage II - Sold...2011 WRB WRX Torqued Performance Stage I - Daily Driven
    My current average MPG

I have a sub-003 for sale that I only used for a stage one flash, Now I have a protune and do not need it anymore. Unmarried waiting for a new home. Nothing funny going on here.
    STAGE 1 IS MORE FUN BUT STAGE 2 THERE'S MORE TO DO

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    They are often times used to flash the car, then put in a box until they're removed for resale. If you're interested in buying a used one, make sure you can flash your car with it before buying it (if going the CL route).
    +1

I bought the old generation of access port for $100 a couple years ago. I met with the guy and flashed the map onto my car before I bought it to make sure it was unmarried. Once uploaded the map and paid for it, it went into a box never to be touched again, so yeah, I don't see a problem buying used , as long as you are aware of the risks and know what to look for before you meet them.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.38×10-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

+1 to the anecdotes above. I had one I bought brand new for my 07 STI back in the day. I used it a total of 4 times: Flash Stage 1, Flash Stage 2, got Protuned and flashed the protune with it, and then flashed back to stock and unmarried it.

Sold it for $400 used to someone, and met up with them. Showed them how to use it, and flashed their car to Stage 1 at the time of sale. He was perfectly happy with it.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Without actually flashing it at the point of sale, how would one make sure that it can be done? I have never actually touched one of these so I don't know what it entails...
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

I Support ClubWRX
    I got mine used for real cheap.

But I got mine from a guy on craigslist.He sent me a screen capture of the unmarried screen.I also connected it to my car when we met up to double check.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

OK, after reading all your lovely comments and suggestions; I decide to meet this craigslist guy this Sat morning. He sure everything is good and working for my car as well. He want $400-.
    My question is: What exactly should I do/prepare before I go?

Many thanks

You're buying something from craigslist, bring a friend in case you get robbed :P
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    You're buying something from craigslist, bring a friend in case you get robbed :P
    lol its sad but true.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

Or worse! Maimed!
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

No joke. That's why I always show up armed. But that's just me.
    2012 Subaru WRX WR Blue Pearl - Stock (for now)
    1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo - 547whp and 538ft Torque - Sold

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast