My future WRX
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on My future WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey all, new member here and I have been using this website like crazy. Hoping to purchase my first new ...

My future WRX

Hey all,

new member here and I have been using this website like crazy. Hoping to purchase my first new car (2012 wrx premium, hopefully with the short shifter and extended arm rest) very soon. Any additional things I should be doing to prep in car searching or anything i should now that isnt on any forums? Some newbie help would be greatly appreciated. thanks everyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

As with any new car purchase, do your homework as far as what new WRX's are selling for in your area (it can vary a LOT). If you're a Costco member, I would highly recommend checking out their car purchase program. Simply fill out the form online with what you want, and you'll get a call from a nearby Costco-certified dealer who has preset Costco pricing, no BS or haggling. I used it to buy my wife's car, and we paid a hundred bucks over invoice (they are required to show their invoice before you sign anything). It was easy and painless, and we got a great deal. My parents an inlaws have used the program too, and have nothing but good things to say about it.

Good luck!
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I'd say skip the OEM short shifter. Go aftermarket with Kartboy, Cobb, etc.
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

I Support ClubWRX
    Agree w/ Rambo, try Costco pricing (basic membership is only like 50$ and they reimburse you if you buy a car through their program)..it's "fleet price". Internet sales managers also deeply discount cars as well. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but if you haven't already ordered yours by now your SOL..unless you can find the exact one you want that's already on a lot. Gl, you'll enjoy your new WRX whenever you get it!

'12 WRX/STI Ordering Closed

thanks alot guys, i am a costco member so guess i know a good place to look.

Welcome! What color you going with? Sedan or Hatch?
    2012 WRX Limited Sedan w/ Nav - WRB
    SPT Exhaust, Cobb AP, SPT Short Throw Shifter, SPT Trunk Trim, RA mud flaps, Cobb Shift Knob, 50/15/15 tint

Quote Originally Posted by carnevino View Post
    Agree w/ Rambo, try Costco pricing (basic membership is only like 50$ and they reimburse you if you buy a car through their program)..it's "fleet price". Internet sales managers also deeply discount cars as well. Not to be a Debbie Downer, but if you haven't already ordered yours by now your SOL..unless you can find the exact one you want that's already on a lot. Gl, you'll enjoy your new WRX whenever you get it!

'12 WRX/STI Ordering Closed
    This is actually not totally true, it depends on the dealer. If they are through Subaru of America they will not be able to order, but if they are through Subaru's corporate, they can still put orders in. If Subaru happens to not be making any more of the 2012's, you will get the 2013 at the same price you agreed on for your 2012. I actually put an order in for mine today

Edit: I spoke with Clayton from Ramsey Subaru in NJ - I'm not sure where you are located but if you are on East Coast near Philly/NY/NJ I would recommend contacting him. He has off on Wednesdays, but he will give you what is in my opinion a VERY good price on both the car AND accessories. He's got a few threads on here too, his name on this forum is rexxx0486

Check out this post here
    Last edited by wrxtra; 05-01-2012 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtra View Post
    This is actually not totally true, it depends on the dealer. If they are through Subaru of America they will not be able to order, but if they are through Subaru's corporate, they can still put orders in. If Subaru happens to not be making any more of the 2012's, you will get the 2013 at the same price you agreed on for your 2012. I actually put an order in for mine today

Edit: I spoke with Clayton from Ramsey Subaru in NJ - I'm not sure where you are located but if you are on East Coast near Philly/NY/NJ I would recommend contacting him. He has off on Wednesdays, but he will give you what is in my opinion a VERY good price on both the car AND accessories. He's got a few threads on here too, his name on this forum is rexxx0486

Check out this post here

Interesting, so if I was willing to wait I could put in an order for a 2013. When are you expecting it? I'm located in MA but wouldn't necessarily mind the drive if the price was right.

Quote Originally Posted by chewchewski View Post
    Interesting, so if I was willing to wait I could put in an order for a 2013. When are you expecting it? I'm located in MA but wouldn't necessarily mind the drive if the price was right.
    Well yes, if you were willing to wait you could put in an order for a 2013 from any dealer, you just need to wait for Subaru to announce that they have begun production of the 2013 models. If you order a 2012, but for some reason you happen to order on the day they switch over, you would get the 2013 for the price quoted for your 2012.

I was told 6-9 weeks, which, from what I've heard, is the standard timing. Unfortunately, Clayton will not know a more concrete date until about 3 days before it arrives at his lot. Honestly, I'm fine with waiting the 9 weeks, that just means more $$ for a down payment, which = a lower monthly rate (I am financing).

Let me put it this way, I test drove a 2012 WRX Limited last weekend that had a sticker price (MSRP) of 30,700. Because of the dealer's location, they felt that they could get close to this price, which I (and truecar.com) felt was too high. What I will pay for the car I ordered (2012 WRB WRX Limited) + the accessories I wanted AFTER taxes is still lower than what they wanted BEFORE taxes.

When Clayton told me what the price of the car would be (not including accessories, and before taxes) I was VERY happy, and put my up my deposit once I had decided on the accessories I wanted.

I would highly recommend contacting him. If you send him a PM, he will likely respond in 1-2 days (obviously I cannot guarantee this, but this is what I experienced).

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.