Lose 300lbs in just a few days

This is a discussion on Lose 300lbs in just a few days within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; There's all this talk about minuscule hp gains on forums ( hp is fun and all ) but I think ...

Banned

Lightbulb Lose 300lbs in just a few days

There's all this talk about minuscule hp gains on forums ( hp is fun and all ) but I think the real performance of our cars would shine if we lost 200 - 300 lbs. This way you would keep the reliability, improve performance, and improve handling.

Is this possible? What would it take? How much money are we looking at ? Have any of you tried shedding the pounds?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hit the gym.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Losing weight is a great way to improve your car's performance. I've removed several unnecessary parts here and there, but nothing major. Once I get some free time I'm going on a major weight loss campaign.. there will be lots of cutting involved. I figure if it doesn't serve a purpose then it's gone.

I use this thread as a reference and it's a good place to get ideas of things that can be removed.

AnorexicSTI - 05 STI Lightweight w/ "full interior" - 2660lbs - 62 lbs to 2598! - Subaru Impreza WRX STI Forums: IWSTI.com

I Support ClubWRX
    I just lost 13lbs.My car is faster now.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I take out my spare, jack, and all that loose stuff in the trunk on the track because it sheds 50 pounds. I leave it in on the street because I like to have a spare.

There's a ton of little things you can do to shed weight like taking out your floor mats. I highly agree though that the weight loss is free and can make much more difference than some of the miniscule power gains you get from some mods that cost a decent amount. However, except the trunk/spare, there's not much weight to be shed very easily.

Far better would be to pay attention to mods like wheels. People are constantly going for wider wheels/tires, which add a relatively small amount of weight, but it's rotating so the effects are 10 times the weight.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    you could definitely shed the weight in the wheels/tires and see a very noticeable difference in performance.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I definitely noticed a difference going back to my winter rim/tire setup. My summer setup weighs a lot!
    Protuned VF39'd Bugeye WRX - 262awhp / 257awtq @ 20psi - My Build Thread!

I Support ClubWRX
    im not terribly concerned with weight loos, but what you can get rid of depends on how you use the car. In my mustang i removed the back seats since they werent used and i didnt need them
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    you could definitely shed the weight in the wheels/tires and see a very noticeable difference in performance.
    Do you know the weight of the stock 12' wheels and tires? Or where I can find that info?

Quote Originally Posted by Rex_Harrison View Post
    Do you know the weight of the stock 12' wheels and tires? Or where I can find that info?
    For the rubber, I'm sure you can find the exact tire on TireRack.com and it should have the weight listed. As far as the rim portion, I'm sure the weight is listed somewhere out there in the internets. GL!!!
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......