Newb Question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Newb Question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So I picked up my 2012 WRX last Friday and I've already clocked about 700 miles :roll eyes: My question ...

Newb Question

So I picked up my 2012 WRX last Friday and I've already clocked about 700 miles :roll eyes:
    My question is in regards to the exhaust. I've noticed the two outer pipes blackening more so than the two inner pipes. Is this normal?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0307.jpg   IMG_0308.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    not sure, i never really checked that when i had my stock exhaust haha
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I'm willing to bet yes. I've seen it before...but let's think about how the exhaust travels.

It's heated gas being pushed out of the exhaust system, so it will follow the path of least resistance. In this case, the outer exit is a smoother flow, so more volume of gas will travel that path, as opposed to exiting the inner pipes in which the gas would have to make an even sharper turn. So, the more volume exiting the outer pipes, would naturally have more carbon buildup.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, the exhaust gases will follow the path of least resistance. That's what you are observing. Who'd have thunk that a '12 WRX could be featured in a Science Project.
    '12 WRX Limited, 5-door -- Black

thanks! that's exactly what I was thinking. Better to ask, though.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.