New to the Crew

This is a discussion on New to the Crew within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Sup Playerz Obviously new to Club WRX, I don't own a WRX..... YET! But I will down the track, I ...

New to the Crew

Sup Playerz

Obviously new to Club WRX, I don't own a WRX..... YET! But I will down the track, I joined this community so that I could educate myself more on the pros and cons of owning a WRX. I'm thinking of either getting the 2000 model or the 2003-2004. I don't really agree with the bug eye version but If the right bug eye WRX comes along I wouldn't mind getting it.

Anyone have any opinions on the 2000 or 2003-04? In terms of performance, fuel, comfortability, reliability/maintenance? Any experience or knowledge shared is much appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    welcome. where are you located? the wrx didnt come to the states until 2002.

02-03 are bugeye. 04-05 are blobeye. 06-07 are hawkeye.

if youre not in the US, i cant really give an opinion bc i dont know anything about the overseas models

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Ahhh i see, definitely love the blobeyes. Im from australia, i didnt think wrxs differed that much. O_o

I have a 02 WRX and i love it! so far as the different WRX's go i can just tell you about mine. What i like the most about my car is that the 02-03 models have a less invasive ECU. To me it makes the driving experience better. you don't have a computer telling you what to do all the time. but the 04-06 obviously have better interior the gauge cluster is way nicer and the front fascia is a little cooler in my opinion. I am still pretty new to the WRX world myself so i am no expert. I just love mine and want to drive it all the time. Once you get one no matter what year i am sure you will love it too. Just browse around this forum, there are tons of people here that know a lot about these cars and are wicked helpful. Good luck man.