2012 wrx stage 2 performance?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2012 wrx stage 2 performance? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guy's, I have a 2012 wrx hatch and I'm thinking about going to stage 2 with these mod's-( Cobb ...

2012 wrx stage 2 performance?

Hey guy's, I have a 2012 wrx hatch and I'm thinking about going to stage 2 with these mod's-( Cobb accessport, Invidia catted downpipe, Invidia Q300 cat-back exhaust ). What kind of performance gains do you guy's think I will get with this basic setup...HP, Torq, etc. I'm new at this and would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

That's a nice exhaust, I have the same but for a sedan. Peak gains are not huge but it's in the range of 250whp/300wtq depending on the dyno, fuel, temp, elevation. The car is much more fun to drive with all the added mid range torque you pick up and you can appreciate it without even going wot.
    2012 WRX ice silver metallic
    Protuned by Agile Auto 315whp/342wtq @ 20.5psi

Thanks Eric, I have been looking at several vendors exhaust and the 2 performance shops closest to me recommended the invidia exhaust. I'm going to wait a few more months to make sure there are no gremlins hiding under the hood as it's a new engine. Can't wait until the install!

I Support ClubWRX
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks EJ, Cobb is showing 292 hp 320 ft/lb at stage 2 with one of there Dyno test. Is that about what I should expect with the setup I mentioned... ( Cobb accessport stage 2 tune, Invidia catted downpipe, Invidia Q300 cat-back exhaust ) thanks

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by wrx12
    Thanks EJ, Cobb is showing 292 hp 320 ft/lb at stage 2 with one of there Dyno test. Is that about what I should expect with the setup I mentioned... ( Cobb accessport stage 2 tune, Invidia catted downpipe, Invidia Q300 cat-back exhaust ) thanks
    Every car is different. They probably posted the best dyno graph they had available.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Yep, they put those numbers up there to impress.

Quote Originally Posted by wrx12 View Post
    Hey guy's, I have a 2012 wrx hatch and I'm thinking about going to stage 2 with these mod's-( Cobb accessport, Invidia catted downpipe, Invidia Q300 cat-back exhaust ). What kind of performance gains do you guy's think I will get with this basic setup...HP, Torq, etc. I'm new at this and would appreciate your thoughts. Thanks
    I have an 11 hatch, Invidia catted dp, Q300 catback, AEM CAI. Switched from Cobb's map to Tourqued Performance. TP's squeezes out a little more power and smooths the curve a bit more. Car's a beast now. Took it to the drag strip a few weeks ago, no prior experience, and ran 13.0 1/4 with a soft launch (2 second 60'). Should be easily capable of a 12.5.

RSX, Thanks for the info. Hows the sound with the invidia dp and exhaust. And where should I go to review some information about Tourqued Performance maps.
    Last edited by wrx12; 04-29-2012 at 07:16 AM.
    DGM 2012 WRX 5door

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by brew04 View Post
    +1
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Also with the TP maps Eric will tweek the map specifically for your car if you send him some logs. He's also extremely quick with e-mails etc. I was initially running a little rich, now its perfect after his adjustments.

Quote Originally Posted by arod15 View Post
    Also with the TP maps Eric will tweek the map specifically for your car if you send him some logs. He's also extremely quick with e-mails etc. I was initially running a little rich, now its perfect after his adjustments.
    TP sounds like a good place for your fine tunning. I will have to check them out after I have run the ca maps.
    DGM 2012 WRX 5door

Quote Originally Posted by wrx12 View Post
    RSX, Thanks for the info. Hows the sound with the invidia dp and exhaust. And where should I go to review some information about Tourqued Performance maps.
    I absolutely love the of the Invidia. When I first installed it I had some drone problems (I have a hatch) but after realigning it there's very little drone. Sounds incredible at WOT. As far as Torqued goes I have only heard positive reviews. Eric is always willing to help out. I know there are more reviews on nasioc too.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Funny, I've seen Cobb post percentage gain numbers that show the difference between Stage 1 and 2 is minimal....not nearly the difference posted on that page.
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.