2012 wrx stage 2 performance? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2012 wrx stage 2 performance? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; To the OP, you don't need the catback to go Stage 2. Just a thought, if your on a budget. ...

To the OP, you don't need the catback to go Stage 2. Just a thought, if your on a budget. I plan to do the DP and tune to get there on the stock catback. Maybe down the line, I'd go with a new catback, but don't want to add much more noise/drone; especially for slow traffic driving.
    I have a low Reynolds number

TP Stage 1 - 2012 WRX Premium 5-Door SWP
    Pics!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa View Post
    Funny, I've seen Cobb post percentage gain numbers that show the difference between Stage 1 and 2 is minimal....not nearly the difference posted on that page.
    I believe the difference is more area under the curve, correct me if I'm wrong vets
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by WRXpa View Post
    To the OP, you don't need the catback to go Stage 2. Just a thought, if your on a budget. I plan to do the DP and tune to get there on the stock catback. Maybe down the line, I'd go with a new catback, but don't want to add much more noise/drone; especially for slow traffic driving.
    Good thread and new here - just picked up a '12 WRX (came from VW and have seen the light).

What's the minimum to get to Stage 2?
    Accessport
    Downpipe
    Intake

?

I know I could prob find this by doing a search but I stumbled upon this thread and figured Id ask, Is there any benefit to adding an intake to the car, stage 1 or 2? or is it just a noise maker?

I Support ClubWRX

Re: 2012 wrx stage 2 performance?

Quote Originally Posted by Kam91
    I know I could prob find this by doing a search but I stumbled upon this thread and figured Id ask, Is there any benefit to adding an intake to the car, stage 1 or 2? or is it just a noise maker?
    With a base map like Cobb, you don't see much in the terms of power gains, but you should see a little better response. With a custom tune, you can really take advantage of the better airflow.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Hey guys---just got my few days Cobb AP running on stage 1 map. Feels a bit smoother after 3000
    Rpm. Stage 2 is want I want to go next. Can't decide if I should go cai AEM or Cobb intake with DP catted. Any benefits between the two?
    Last edited by Mr2012WRX; 04-18-2013 at 07:39 PM.
    2012 WRX PPB sedan
    Foglights installed, Arm-rest extension installed. Upgrades: Eiback F/R sway bar, Kartboy endlinks F/R, Cusco lower chassis brace, COBB AP stage 1 map.

Both intakes will give you the pshsst sound but neither will give you much in actual gains. Catted or catless downpipes will net you much better gains even with a stock intake.

Sent from my Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk 2

I Support ClubWRX
    The cobb is a short intake that will still be well inside the engine bay so if you go that route the intake box will be a wise investment to help separate engine heat. I don't know much about the AEM intake, but if it is a true cold air intake it will pull air from outside the engine bay (down near the wheelwell), and will probably do a "better" job pulling in cold air. Ultimately it will really be the restriction of the stock intake as far as ability to pull in enough air that will ever be a limiting factor (which won't be until you are way above stock power levels). At stage 1 it won't make a big difference in power but will sound cool

I plan in AEM CAI and DP catted with pro tune in my next mods this summer. Thanks guys!
    2012 WRX PPB sedan
    Foglights installed, Arm-rest extension installed. Upgrades: Eiback F/R sway bar, Kartboy endlinks F/R, Cusco lower chassis brace, COBB AP stage 1 map.

i ran stage2 ith a turboxs downpipe and cat for months before getting the catback. youll feel it help your tune maybe slightly but the gains were already there for sure. but its super loud now

also torqued performance sells ots maps for the accessport and some allow you to run different parts on your car.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12