2002 wrx wont pass 4500 rmp helpp

This is a discussion on 2002 wrx wont pass 4500 rmp helpp within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey i just bought a 2002 subaru sedan for 00 it runs n drives but after 4000,4500 it doesnt want ...

2002 wrx wont pass 4500 rmp helpp

hey i just bought a 2002 subaru sedan for $1600 it runs n drives but after 4000,4500 it doesnt want to go and it makes explotions .
    im in north jersey area and i dont know any subaru tech around here the guy who sold it to me told me it need a tgv valve have any body had the same problem before i need help asap please,a friend of him that works at subaru depleace the motor for him im going to try and do a compression test .

the car has after marcket down pipe and full exhaust intake i think thats it not sure this is my first subaru

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Your car is in limp mode. Happens on subies. Go read your cel code and fix the problem. Mine was a speed sensor. And get a tune if you don't all ready have one.

Quote Originally Posted by tw0p0intsl0w View Post
    Your car is in limp mode. Happens on subies. Go read your cel code and fix the problem. Mine was a speed sensor. And get a tune if you don't all ready have one.
    thanks how do i read the cel code check engine line is off

Quote Originally Posted by subiboy View Post
    thanks how do i read the cel code check engine line is off
    Your check engine light is off? the car goes into limp mode with certain cel codes...maybe the cel light doesn't work. Worth a shot to try to have the codes read.

Quote Originally Posted by tw0p0intsl0w View Post
    Your check engine light is off? the car goes into limp mode with certain cel codes...maybe the cel light doesn't work. Worth a shot to try to have the codes read.
    ok thanks i will

autozone and advanceauto can read codes for free.
    N.E.R.D. # 3.579545 MHz

Bugeye Mafia v 2.0 # 371

pete25r's build

Does the car have a tune for those mods?
    Why are you going to do a compression test?
    What do you mean by "it makes explosions"?

A tune isn't necessary for those mods for your model year, but it would be smart to do. However, that comes after fixing the current problem. There's a few different things that can cause this. Check all of your turbo piping to make sure they're connected firmly and also that they don't have any holes/leaks. Next thing is to clean your MAF sensor.

I don't understand why you're still flogging the car (i.e. revving it/driving hard) when you're having this problem, especially with the "explotions." If you're going to keep driving it, then drive it like your grandma. If you can park it until you figure this out that would be highly recommended unless you happen to have a spare $5,000 burning a hole in your pocket for a new engine.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

thanks i took a ride with my mechanic yesterday he told me that a compression test wont be nesesary he say that the motor is strong but on high rpm it loose power is like it doesnt get enough gas im taking it to his shop on monday,the car does pass 4000 but somethims at 3500 is loosing power allready is like it needs more spark or gas ,the ex owner told me it needs a tgv valve.
    there is a shop around here that they tune evo and sti they do motor swaps and all that but i know they are going to kill me with the price so i think ill just take it to a regular mechanic

mods full perrin exhaust and perrin intake

any ideas?????please i need help with this

I Support ClubWRX
    Read the ECU as stated. Ideas were given and I don't disagree with them. If you have the stock intake, try that.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

have someone pull the codes, then we can try to assist you further.
    ++ + ++P3LLA++ + ++

06 STi ( Stage II ) BOOSTED
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE # 808

Quote Originally Posted by DiRty Impreza View Post
    have someone pull the codes, then we can try to assist you further.
    thanks the car is at the mecanic right now he cheked the codes say misfire in cyl 2 and 4

the problem is solve it was spark plogs and ignition coil lol thanks god ,thanks all of u guys for ur help