How much do you love your Subie?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on How much do you love your Subie? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Ok, I have always wanted a subaru but never got one. I went threw a Volkswagen phase, owned an SRT-4, ...

How much do you love your Subie?

Ok, I have always wanted a subaru but never got one. I went threw a Volkswagen phase, owned an SRT-4, then a BMW Z3. I have always been into import tuners (except for the SRT-4, fastest piece of crap you can buy. went fast as hell in a straight line but handled like crap, always felt like it would fall apart at any minute) then just before christmas of 2011 i was driving on base and and someone decided to blow through a stop sign and t-bone my BMW. So for Christmas i got myself an 02 WRX. I have done quite a bit of work to her and i must say now 5 months later that this is hands down the best car i have ever owned. With the list of mods i have put on her she is a dream to drive. Looks beautiful in the drive way and sounds awesome! dyno tuned and putting down 247 hp to the wheels. Whats next? I think a Process West TMIC, Grillcraft grills, Strut Upgrade, Wheels and tires, STI cluster swap, .............. will i ever be done? probably not, I Love this Car!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Bugeye's are the best. I love mine to death even though it is 10 years old. The only thing that has gone wrong with it is the stock radiator end tank cracked. Did not leave me stranded. No other problems for 112k miles.
    Life is like riding a bicycle in order to keep your balance you must keep moving.

I Support ClubWRX
    I love mine enough to keep it until the doors melt off.

I don't love it enough to buy another Subaru. They need to gain my attention again when the time comes, and if that time is any time soon, they've lost. If a car doesn't run for, say, 15 years, I'm done with the marque.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I love mine so much that I have had 4 of them and if you want to upgrade your I/C for alot cheaper than the Process West just buy my 2011 STi tmic

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome and I have loved a lot of em.. still do..

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Mine just came back from the shop. had new head gaskets, valve cover gaskets, new spark plugs and power steering boots. She should run like a champ for a long time. and for the STI IC, i would have to get adapters a new y-pipe. its not a direct fit, Process west is very expensive but also comes with a splitter and it is direct replacement. Going to take her for a drive right now. with all the mods i have done its really fun to drive!

Welcome- i miss my 02, but love my 06.
    ++ + ++P3LLA++ + ++

06 STi ( Stage II ) BOOSTED
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE # 808

When I dun have a boost leak. I love it =)
    Boost leak = baby the thing =/

Sent from my DROID2 Global using Tapatalk 2

I like the 02 because the computer doest control the car that much. I dont like a computer telling me when to shift, to put my seatbelt on (although i always wear one) and put on traction control when i dont want it. The 02 seems like the driver controls the car not a computer.

I love my bugeye. I love it more than any new subaru. I'm finishing a hybrid set up this week and I can't wait to get her back on the road. I feel more connected to the car when driving. Around the corners feels so natural.

My girlfriend and I have decided that were gonna be a subaru family...subaru ftmfw

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by deepseastetson View Post
    I like the 02 because the computer doest control the car that much. I dont like a computer telling me when to shift, to put my seatbelt on (although i always wear one) and put on traction control when i dont want it. The 02 seems like the driver controls the car not a computer.
    Bugeyes definitely have a more raw and mechanical feel then later Impreza iterations.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    My wife says I love the car more than her.

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    Bugeyes definitely have a more raw and mechanical feel then later Impreza iterations.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    My wife says I love the car more than her.

My wife caught me staring out the window at my car yesterday

This is my first Subaru, I got an 02 WRX in WRB a couple Weeks ago. I always wanted a blobeye Sti in WRB ever since a saw one on a showroom floor as a kid. This was as close as I could afford :P

But I LOVE it! Its the perfect car for me. the only thing I would change if I could would be 30+ mpg but you've gotta pay to play, and I like to play!

The best part is, its stock! Its the only stock car I've owned that I don't feel compelled to mod already. I'm sure one day I will, but I'm very content for now.

I also agree that this car is a nice blend of old mechanical and modern technology. I enjoy that the pedal runs a little cable to the throttle :P not a set if wires to a computer, then to an electronic valve

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    With the bushings i have installed it has just the right amount of NVH. Sounds badass!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.