hey!

This is a discussion on hey! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; hey everyone im johnny. im 25. i drive 2012 modded (tbe, intake, boost tubes, audi s3 shift lever, rear sway ...

hey!

hey everyone im johnny. im 25. i drive 2012 modded (tbe, intake, boost tubes, audi s3 shift lever, rear sway bar and mid chassis brace) gti 3 door 6spd manual..how much of a difference is insurance on a 5spd wrx sedan over the gti?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. Absoluely no one can tell you what the insurance differences will be. You'll have to call your insurance provider for that. There are a zillion factors that will go into it

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Welcome

I'm 22, one speeding ticket. 2012 WRX Limited. Stock. My insurance is 115 a month.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    Welcome. Absoluely no one can tell you what the insurance differences will be. You'll have to call your insurance provider for that. There are a zillion factors that will go into it
    +1

My insurance company was even asking me if it was garaged, how many miles I drive a day, etc.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

ic ic i know the gti is more expensive to maintain and fix than the rex in the long run
    Last edited by jcap287; 04-26-2012 at 01:53 PM. Reason: maiain should be maintain...phone error

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    +1

My insurance company was even asking me if it was garaged, how many miles I drive a day, etc.
    Geez lol...I just saw this my phone was loading..i was in my schools library ..Yea when i was looking last summer the dealers told me insurance would be out of this world for full coverage

Quote Originally Posted by jcap287 View Post
    ic ic i know the gti is more expensive to maintain and fix than the rex in the long run
    That you also don't know...the 2011/2012 hasn't been out near as long as the GTI in it's current generation to tell if any LONG TERM issues will/or have/have had time to develop. Historically, Subaru has pretty good reliability pretty far over 100k+...but there's just that off chance that you never know.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06

This^

/thread
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome, my insurance is up there due to my age and tickets
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

That was a bit harsh

I'd say he was trying to just get a point of reference before he calls. I'd have to agree that it's nicer to chat with some folks around here as opposed to an insurance sales person.

Though, I love talking to people at Progressive. They are so nice there.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    That was a bit harsh

I'd say he was trying to just get a point of reference before he calls. I'd have to agree that it's nicer to chat with some folks around here as opposed to an insurance sales person.

Though, I love talking to people at Progressive. They are so nice there.
    Correct, I'd rather ask around here first. Im just trying see if they are similar or how much more the Rex would be. .... It seems my other reply to you didnt go through lol..Im just basing the GTI is more expensive to fix in general because it is german and parts are usually more expensive esp the electrical system.

I'm not saying I am going to get a rex, but I would like to know more about them since I really do like them..Maybe one day down the road.

I've had 2 wrecks (last one was in oct 2006, knock on wood) neither went on my liscense or my fault...No speeding tickets or any other citations.

If it were feasible I'd definitely part my car out, put it back to stock and get a satin white wrx sedan
    Last edited by jcap287; 04-27-2012 at 01:45 PM.

For what it's worth, my insurance did not change appreciably going from my RSX-S to the WRX.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    For what it's worth, my insurance did not change appreciably going from my RSX-S to the WRX.
    Thanks for your input! This was something I was looking for, but i understand everyone's insurance is different. How do you like the Rex I think I saw your thread ? I dont know the tech name for rsx - s orange (its similar to a sunburst metallic orange right?)

I'd also like to thank everyone for their help! I hope you guys don't mind me sticking around on the forums whether I get a rex or not! I look forward to learning about the Wrx's and STI's !