Finally picked up a DGM Hatch!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Finally picked up a DGM Hatch! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello! I thought I had more time, but my car was dying fast so I had to pick something in-stock. ...

Finally picked up a DGM Hatch!

Hello! I thought I had more time, but my car was dying fast so I had to pick something in-stock. Got a DGM Hatch premium! These cars are awesome! So comfortable! An extra bonus, the bluetooth hooks up to my iphone music thingy! Very happy with this purchase. Trying to hold off on the mods, let's see how long I last...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Welcome! I hope in your haste the dealership didn't neglect to tell you about the break-in period
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I think with a name like grannyshift we don't have to worry about him neglecting the break-in.

I Support ClubWRX
    Congratulations.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    congrats on the car
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Hahaha! Thanks guys! Yeah, I've been good with the break-in. Although... my wife has been trying out the manual...

This is my first turbo car so there will be lots of reading for me, especially about tuning and such. Thanks for the warm welcome and hope I find things with the search button!

I Support ClubWRX
    Feel free to ask any questions.You can find some useful info in the thread in my signature.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Oh, and so far, what I gather from the searches

The Ebay lips are good and fitment is acceptable.

The stock struts don't take aftermarket springs well. Many seem to go spring/strut over coilovers. Personally, I had a great experience from coilovers but we'll have to see on this car.

Stage2 seems to be the power level of choice. Seems like most get around 300whp and 300+tq? It's mostly just cat delete/hi-flow, catback, tune. This is where it gets confusing for me. So Cobb unit is a piggyback? Many just use the cobb tune. Others get it tuned by a shop. But what's an open-source? Is it just a collection of tunes by people and using that to match each car?

Wheels. 17 stock, 18 optional. 19's are considered extreme and 20's are no no's. The general size seems to be 18x8.5 or 18x9.5 both with high offsets. The rear seems to need to be rolled if car is dropped. 245-255's seem the common tire sizes and 265 is for meat. Because of powerlevel it seems that most wheels are ok with this car.

I got the dealer short shifter, so I won't need that.

People seem to suggest kartboy endlinks and aftermarket sways. Maybe I missed the reason for this, but I think I read that it gets rid of the floaty feeling at higher speeds?

These are some things I've gathered so far. Hopefully people can chime in and help out on anything I'm missing on these basics. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Feel free to ask any questions.You can find some useful info in the thread in my signature.
    And how did I miss your thread?!!! Awesome thread!!!! I'll take an afternoon to look over it. Thanks!

Don't hesitate to ask questions, then I won't have to!

You say you got the STi STS, did you get the bushings as well?

Quote Originally Posted by jas280z View Post
    Don't hesitate to ask questions, then I won't have to!

You say you got the STi STS, did you get the bushings as well?
    Will do! I don't mind the flames... j/k

I'm not sure, as it was dealer installed. I don't like the feel of it, but the throws are nice and short. Sorry, no help...

If you don't like the feel, then you probably didn't. You should be able to check your paperwork, the STi bushings are a separate option and cost.

If you didn't get them, I think the consensus would be to pick them up, or Cobb or Kartboy bushings; especially since you already have the STS.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by grannyshift View Post
    Oh, and so far, what I gather from the searches

The Ebay lips are good and fitment is acceptable.

The stock struts don't take aftermarket springs well. Many seem to go spring/strut over coilovers. Personally, I had a great experience from coilovers but we'll have to see on this car.

Stage2 seems to be the power level of choice. Seems like most get around 300whp and 300+tq? It's mostly just cat delete/hi-flow, catback, tune. This is where it gets confusing for me. So Cobb unit is a piggyback? Many just use the cobb tune. Others get it tuned by a shop. But what's an open-source? Is it just a collection of tunes by people and using that to match each car?

Wheels. 17 stock, 18 optional. 19's are considered extreme and 20's are no no's. The general size seems to be 18x8.5 or 18x9.5 both with high offsets. The rear seems to need to be rolled if car is dropped. 245-255's seem the common tire sizes and 265 is for meat. Because of powerlevel it seems that most wheels are ok with this car.

I got the dealer short shifter, so I won't need that.

People seem to suggest kartboy endlinks and aftermarket sways. Maybe I missed the reason for this, but I think I read that it gets rid of the floaty feeling at higher speeds?

These are some things I've gathered so far. Hopefully people can chime in and help out on anything I'm missing on these basics. Thanks!
    hit the nail on the head with this
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by jas280z View Post
    If you don't like the feel, then you probably didn't. You should be able to check your paperwork, the STi bushings are a separate option and cost.

If you didn't get them, I think the consensus would be to pick them up, or Cobb or Kartboy bushings; especially since you already have the STS.
    Ahhh... yeah, then I probably don't have them. The shortshifter was installed at the port but no mention about bushings. I'm currently around 300 miles and the shifter is getting smoother. I'm going to see if it gets better over time. If not, as you recommended, bushing will go in. Thanks! I didn't think about that.

Pictures are needed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast