got my first oil change castrol oil synthetic @ 2707 miles - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on got my first oil change castrol oil synthetic @ 2707 miles within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by etnpnys And @T0rque: you already put over 22,500 miles and did 3 oil changes in the first ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    And @T0rque: you already put over 22,500 miles and did 3 oil changes in the first 42 days of ownership!?!?
    He bought it used.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    He bought it used.
    Aahhhhhhh... Things make much more sense now. That actually adds an entire level of frustration into his scenario... In actuality, he probably can't speak to everything that the previous owner did (or didn't do). Definitely frustrating.

I sure hope he low-balled the guy by at least $700...
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

I get my oil changed at 1,000 for the brake in and then at 3,750 then a 7,500 ( so every 3,750 miles oil change)

For the record, I will be following the 2012 WRX manual recommended oil changed intervals. Although I did prematurely changed my oil @ 2707 miles, my next will be every 5K miles or 7500, 12,500, etc to just avoid any warranty issue!~

Keep in mind, I RARELY do WOT since I plan to keep this car for a very very long time. I won't do any COBB engine modications any time soon at least not during the warranty period. I hear people blowing engine at 6K sound rediculous to me and not be covered! I owned an 1989 Hyundai and drove it for the first 8K miles and didn't damaged my engine. That's tells me a lot of ppl here likes to drive their WRXs to the limit often (me on the other hand...hardly :>) hard but forget to do regular maintenance. Then blame the dealerships why they are not covering the cost. Other feels diluded by rampant of web bloggers mis-formation or poor communication/interpretion from various sources (i.e., SOAs, TSBs, Manuals, or so-called industry expert) or regulars folks whom like to feel special that their more knowledgeable than the next guy here. The simply rule to follow is, follow the your car "instruction manual" intervals and keep good records of everything. And if you did have engine modifications that caused the damage as a result, put back to the original factory OEM status before taking it to the dealership and claiming "warranty period, thereofore covered". It's not that easy anymore. A lot of times, your just SOL! Sorry but I digress.

Anyway, I owned an RSX Type S and I did hondata, thermal exhaust, teins, intake modications but never faced oil issues because I did regular maintenance per owner's manual. I think the people that complains are the ones that just like to complain, just for the sake of arguing their point legit or otherwise in-general. These cars aren't bullet proof regardless of their racing heritage, even though many ppl here likes to think that way. But like any other car, they often break down even moresoe especially driven HARD and but do poor maintenance between intervals. And those ppl that actually follows the rules and maintain good records gets lump-in with those who don't unwarranted.

These are just my observation...just my two cents.
    Last edited by Mr2012WRX; 04-25-2012 at 12:44 PM.
    2012 WRX PPB sedan
    Foglights installed, Arm-rest extension installed. Upgrades: Eiback F/R sway bar, Kartboy endlinks F/R, Cusco lower chassis brace, COBB AP stage 1 map.

To T0rque,

You said you work in automotive. What is the TSB number for the 2007 TSB you are referring to. According to Mitchell and Alldata it does not exist. The law, in California atleast, is that the manufacturer MUST release all TSBs pertaining to that model year to the aftermarket sources within 9 months of production. I seriously would like to read the TSB.

The other question I have is in the TSB i linked, it specifically states that only 2010 and older turbo engines required the change at 3750 or 3 months and that the newer turbo engines, 2011-2012, were at 7500 miles. That would mean that they have a newer TSB that contradicts the older one. Something isn't right here.

I am sorry to hear about your denied warranty. I hope that you are currently in lawsuit with them as it seems that you have a legit case against them. Just my .02 there.
    2012 Subaru WRX WR Blue Pearl - Stock (for now)
    1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo - 547whp and 538ft Torque - Sold

Wait i used to just change the oil in my crown vic every 3k but it was regular with synthetic its 5k I remember the dealer saying that and I was confused.
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

I get this whole oil change thing now... don't follow the manual lol...

Now I'm concerned about the other maintenance...should I follow the manual?

I Support ClubWRX
    If you want warranty coverage do as SOA says and keep receipts.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.