SPT boost gauge or aftermarket?

This is a discussion on SPT boost gauge or aftermarket? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I am going to be ordering my subaru today and I was wondering a few things.... 1. Are there any ...

SPT boost gauge or aftermarket?

I am going to be ordering my subaru today and I was wondering a few things....
    1. Are there any other boost gauges that are really better the the OEM one?
    2. The SPT looks easy enough for me to install but how difficult are the aftermarket ones?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    For the cost, you can do much better with aftermarket. Defi and Autometer are both highly regarded.

As for installation, it's not hard. There are numerous writeups, and if you can change a fuse, you can do this. Electric boost gauges might be easier, since you only have to run a wire through the firewall, not a tube (you install a sensor in the engine bay that is fed to the gauge itself, then you just splice a power wire into the 12V line). It might sound complicated, but wiring on Subarus is pretty easy.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

He who shall be last, shall be sideways and smiling... - Jeremy Clarkson

I Support ClubWRX
    Your spending anywhere from 250-330 for an spt gauge when you can get a smycluster boost and oil for that price. After reading several write ups install is very easy.

Also if you plan on upgrading your stereo you can also find a good place to run the power cables.