1st Time (Used) WRX Owner!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 1st Time (Used) WRX Owner! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Well, after an eight year hiatus from owning a relatively quick car, I returned to the fun-to-drive arena by picking ...

1st Time (Used) WRX Owner!

Well, after an eight year hiatus from owning a relatively quick car, I returned to the fun-to-drive arena by picking up a used 2003 silver WRX wagon. It's quite possibly the cleanest bugeye I've seen in a very long time. I'm not going to post pictures until I have time to properly detail her. This semester needs to end ASAP.

It's 100% stock, except for an STI grille, which I'm looking to trade for the OE unit, if anyone's interested. I don't really plan on modifying the car at present, as I'm still in grad school and time isn't easy to come by.

Since I picked the car up, I installed new front and rear pads and rotors and a fuel filter, all OE Subie parts. I also bought NGK Iridiums for it, but, I haven't found the time to put them in yet. My friend who works at the local Subie stealership is going to align it next week. I changed the oil with Mobil 5w-30. I know that some folks are up in arms over Mobil, and I'm still not sure what I'm going to use in the long run as of yet. I also replaced both the high and low side O-rings on the A/C compressor. Best $4 I ever spent. I might do the PCV valve this afternoon.

In addition to the timing belt kit and water pump this summer, I intend on changing the gearbox oil, the oil in front and rear diffs, and possibly the clutch if I find time.

Again, pictures will follow. Once this semester ends, I'll drive out to my parents and detail the heck out of her, then I'll post some photos.
    Last edited by SunnyDaze; 04-22-2012 at 01:41 AM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Congratulations and Welcome...

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome!

Do you have a pic of the grill? I'll might trade you mine (OE from an '03).
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Welcome! Looking forward to some pics. What are you studying?
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Rambo, I'll take a picture for you at some point within the next few days. I have the center grill piece. All I would really need would be the side "wings" that are painted silver and border the headlights. Of course, I'll take the extra grille. If you are interested, there are also a set of STI floormats in the car, black with pink lettering. I'll trade them for an OE set. The driver's side mat has some wear, though.

Calvinball, I'm an applied math grad student. I'll get photos up, I'm just OCD about cleanliness and I haven't had the time to properly detail the car as of yet. The brakes weren't a simple task. The guy who owned it before me did a green label el cheapo pad slam over 4 rusty grooved rotors. I spent a good 45 minutes per wheel cleaning the ear guides on the calipers, cleaning the hub surfaces, and flushing the brake fluid. It stops like a champ now, but it didn't leave me with any time for soap and wax.

Thanks for the replies, folks!
    Last edited by SunnyDaze; 04-22-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Welcome
    2012 WRX Limited Sedan w/ Nav - WRB
    SPT Exhaust, Cobb AP, SPT Short Throw Shifter, SPT Trunk Trim, RA mud flaps, Cobb Shift Knob, 50/15/15 tint

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Forum

If you need any parts or advice, let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by KronosPerformance View Post
    Welcome to the Forum

If you need any parts or advice, let me know.
    Well thank you, Kronos. I'm sure that'll happen eventually. For now, I plan on staying unmodded. If you can get a good deal on genuine OE Subaru oil filters, please let me know!

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.