Finally joined the Subie family
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Finally joined the Subie family within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Traded in my 2008 VW R32 for my 2012 WRB WRX Premium Picked her up today and couldn't be happier! ...

Finally joined the Subie family

Traded in my 2008 VW R32 for my 2012 WRB WRX Premium

Picked her up today and couldn't be happier!

Here's a picture of her hanging with her big sister

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    welcome

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Looks good man! Welcome
    2012 WRX Limited Sedan w/ Nav - WRB
    SPT Exhaust, Cobb AP, SPT Short Throw Shifter, SPT Trunk Trim, RA mud flaps, Cobb Shift Knob, 50/15/15 tint

clear headlights are starting to grow on me....reminds me of my x-07 ...this will probably be your 1st of many Subarus to come

Quote Originally Posted by Honk View Post
    Looks good man! Welcome
    Thanks, but it's actually lady haha
    Alisha
    2012 WRB WRX Premium

Quote Originally Posted by subaken View Post
    clear headlights are starting to grow on me....reminds me of my x-07 ...this will probably be your 1st of many Subarus to come
    I really wasn't sure about them at first, I was kind of set on looking for a 2011 since I already fell in love with our STi, all it took was seeing the blue in person, and bam, I was sold the headlights aren't as "bright" as I originally thought, look much better in person imo.

Thanks again everyone!
    Alisha
    2012 WRB WRX Premium

I Support ClubWRX
    Congratulations lady
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by ataft View Post
    Thanks, but it's actually lady haha
    Oops mah bad. Congrats Lady
    2012 WRX Limited Sedan w/ Nav - WRB
    SPT Exhaust, Cobb AP, SPT Short Throw Shifter, SPT Trunk Trim, RA mud flaps, Cobb Shift Knob, 50/15/15 tint

so much cleaner looking

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ALIju.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	46.6 KB 
ID:	104164
    Alisha
    2012 WRB WRX Premium

Welcome ma'am.
    Very nice car.

Whats the differences you quickly realized and liked/disliked between the R32? a kid in town has a tuned one, I was wondering if its just like the wrx? (he has an older AWD model)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    Welcome ma'am.
    Very nice car.

Whats the differences you quickly realized and liked/disliked between the R32? a kid in town has a tuned one, I was wondering if its just like the wrx? (he has an older AWD model)
    I absolutely loved my R32, and really had no complaints about it. He probably has a 2004 R? I would imagine that would be a closer comparison to the wrx than my 2008 was. But then again, they are two totally different animals.

-One of the biggest things that I missed while having the R was having a manual transmission as in 2008 they only came with DSG in the US (which was awesome and can shift way faster than I ever could imagine), but it took some of the fun out of it.
    -It was a more "refined" car than the WRX or STi, as far as the interior and some other minor things go, but I already knew that before trading her in.
    -I needed a more practical car..... 4 doors....better mpg (I was pleasantly surprised when driving the WRX home)

I need a week or two to really become one with the WRX

and a picture for good measure

Name:	TiLqQ.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	104166
    Alisha
    2012 WRB WRX Premium

congrats-
    ++ + ++P3LLA++ + ++

06 STi ( Stage II ) BOOSTED
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE # 808

Quote Originally Posted by ataft View Post
    I absolutely loved my R32, and really had no complaints about it. He probably has a 2004 R? I would imagine that would be a closer comparison to the wrx than my 2008 was. But then again, they are two totally different animals.

-One of the biggest things that I missed while having the R was having a manual transmission as in 2008 they only came with DSG in the US (which was awesome and can shift way faster than I ever could imagine), but it took some of the fun out of it.
    -It was a more "refined" car than the WRX or STi, as far as the interior and some other minor things go, but I already knew that before trading her in.
    -I needed a more practical car..... 4 doors....better mpg (I was pleasantly surprised when driving the WRX home)

I need a week or two to really become one with the WRX

and a picture for good measure

Name:	TiLqQ.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	74.4 KB 
ID:	104166
    Good, glad you enjoy the new vehicle.

Personally, no manual? Not interested. One of the things I look for more then any other, is does the car come in stick lol, I feel even tho the other trans can shift faster, its still not the same, you can't completely control everything. Either way, Nice lookin R32. Enjoy the WRX!

grats girl!
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    Good, glad you enjoy the new vehicle.

Personally, no manual? Not interested. One of the things I look for more then any other, is does the car come in stick lol, I feel even tho the other trans can shift faster, its still not the same, you can't completely control everything. Either way, Nice lookin R32. Enjoy the WRX!
    Thanks At first I was unsure about the DSG, but it was actually a lot of fun to drive, paddle shifters made it a little more fun, but it was definitely missing something. I had my fun with it and would recommend it to anyone if asked, I was just ready for something different. It didn't help that shortly after getting the R, my husband got the STi, I was soooooooooo jealous haha.

I do not regret my decision at all

Can someone please make it 5pm? I want to go for a drive
    Alisha
    2012 WRB WRX Premium

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.