Finally joining the club
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Finally joining the club within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; So i know this is kinda early but I am very excited and wanted to start my post. Today I ...

Finally joining the club

So i know this is kinda early but I am very excited and wanted to start my post. Today I ordered my 2012 DGM WRX hatch!! I have always wanted a WRX and finally with me graduating and having a full time job I pulled the trigger and bought my first new car. This has been my dream car for a long time and im very excited (Granted it will take 9-12 weeks) Glad to finally step up from my 2002 Mercury Cougar

Plans for the car will be vary simple. I have already begun to put a list together and order the parts I want. Will mostly be cosmetic and parts that will help my car run smoother and add a little power. I am very open to any suggestions on parts that fit that description because i know people on this forum know a lot more than I will and I always open for help!

Once the time get closer I will update! Glad to be finally be apart of the gang.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Congrats on your order. It is well worth the wait. Just keep reading the forums and doing research it helps the time go by. If you dont mind me asking what options did you get?

Some "non performance" mods would be
    Tail light overlays for the hatch,
    Shift knob, Short Throw Shifter (Kartboy, Cobb, STP and Bushings may be considered performace)
    Rally Armour MudFlaps,
    Aftermarket Stereo,
    Window Tint,
    Goo Gone for debadging,
    License Plate Relocate if NC has a front license plate law
    Read up on Plasti Dip
    Caliper Paint / Wheel Paint
    Gauges (Boost, Oil Pressure, Volt, Temp)
    SMY Gauge Cluster
    Last edited by cflip2x; 04-18-2012 at 04:37 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome.

Look in the thread in my signature for some mod ideas.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I do not mind at all.... I got the base model. I saw no need for heated seat and all that. I live in NC so the weather really doesn't get that cold:

Thanks for the advice. I planned on doing rally armor, cobb short shifter, looked a lot into plasti dip, some form of gauge cluster, whiteline sways and kartboy end links. NC doesn't have a front license plate law so it probably will be removed all together.

With all I have read about big performance mods is it seems that it would be a safer bet to buy a AP before really going into UP or CAI ect. That is just what it looks like on the forums I have read but I could be way wrong? I have never had a car that has so much to do with tuning and EC management so I have been trying to do as much research on that as I can. Honestly the performance mods will come when the warranty is up

Thanks for the help guys really appreciate it.

I Support ClubWRX
    Any other options ordered from Subaru or just the car? One I would suggest is the arm rest extension.

I just got mine a moth ago and I have only done cosmetic and gauges no engine. If you know someone with a dyno and can do a custom tune for cheap then go custom. I am planning to go OTS stage 2 but saving for the Access Port.

ShotStopper If you need a tune or anything done to your WRX. Go to Draco Performance in Mooresville. I took my old one there and got everything i needed installed they are quick and nice and know exactly what they are doing. What part of NC do you live in?(I just ordered mine the other day and cant wait to get it haha) I live in Hickory

I have heard of that place in Mooresville. I work out of Mooresville now so I will have to go check them out. I live in Charlotte right now but will be moving to Midland in a month or so. Glad to know there is someone around me that will be a subie driver!

cflip2x- i didnt get any option so bone stock yea it seems the armrest is a recurring thing that people want on the wrx. Ill have to look into it.

iamsubified what did you order if you dont mind me asking?

I Support ClubWRX
    If they have a wrx at the dealership check out the height of the stock arm rest its very low. When I picked up my car I would hit the release to drop the extension. Though now it rarely happens. I have a 45min-1hr commute so it was an easy decision for me. Also it was around $70 vs $100 on ebay. The dealership did include the original arm rest

just got my vin number!!! now they are saying it will be here middle of may!! Way quicker than i thought but i want get my hopes up to soon at least im one step closer.

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome, congrats on the car
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Only took 2 weeks instead of the 9-12 So excited but sadly dont get to take it home until tomorrow!! I cant wait to actually get to drive her

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-05-02_19-36-21_312.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	64.9 KB 
ID:	104587Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2012-05-02_19-35-55_543.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	87.0 KB 
ID:	104588

Good color choice. On average DGM owners get laid 3 times as often as non DGM owners.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Also is that a dealer sticker above the Subaru logo? I'd have them take that off, didn't know dealers still did that.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    Also is that a dealer sticker above the Subaru logo? I'd have them take that off, didn't know dealers still did that.
    what you dont wanna show off the dealer lol
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast