Just learned how to upload pics lol - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just learned how to upload pics lol within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Asharus just get some all seasons, that's what im planning on doing. luckily we had a mild ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    just get some all seasons, that's what im planning on doing. luckily we had a mild winter this year, i still have my OEM summer dunlops

im planning on getting the Continental DWS or the Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Positions which are a little bit more but outperform the DWS in the summer
    I've been looking heavily at the Potenza PPs as well, really like the look of them. They are pricey but they have a good tread pattern and like you said, they perform well in the summer. In all honestly my car is my DD and I don't plan on auto-xing or drag racing so I think an all season is the best bet for me.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

one of the factors for me too is that i live in an apartment, otherwise i'd have 2 sets dedicated for summer and winter. the other crappy thing is that the TPMS sensor would have to be dealer reset every time you swap out wheels, but i think there's a way to do it yourself on the STI
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

Well as far as all seasons go, I plan on never running those. When I switched from the stock sport tires to my Blizzacks, the difference was felt before I even left the driveway with the blizzacks the first time. Even if all season are slightly better then winters, I still want all the summers have to offer, and I already have a set of winters and summers. I also have a spare garage next to my car garage where my brother sports bike, and some summer padio stuff is stored (and my summer rubber, but no wheels cuz I only got the OEM pair lol)

As for as the 'H' on the wheel Tony, I had figured it came off, even if it didn't I'd paint it off or something lol.

just get some all seasons, that's what im planning on doing. luckily we had a mild winter this year, i still have my OEM summer dunlops

im planning on getting the Continental DWS or the Bridgestone Potenza RE970AS Pole Positions which are a little bit more but outperform the DWS in the summer
    All seasons are meh...not really up there for performance, but not really the best in the winter. In bad winters in hilly North Jersey, I'd say Mike is going to want some dedicated winters.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

one of the factors for me too is that i live in an apartment, otherwise i'd have 2 sets dedicated for summer and winter. the other crappy thing is that the TPMS sensor would have to be dealer reset every time you swap out wheels, but i think there's a way to do it yourself on the STI
    That does make sense though if you really do have limited space...and who cares about the TPMS
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    That does make sense though if you really do have limited space...and who cares about the TPMS
    actually TPMS helped me out once already. it lit up while i was on the highway so i pulled over to take a look and didnt see a flat. i checked the following morning again and still didnt see a flat. at work i borrowed my buddys gauge and pump and found that one of my tires only had 22PSI in it. i filled it back up to 35? or w/e the other 3 were at and took it to a tire shop during lunch. there was a nail in it.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

All seasons are meh...not really up there for performance, but not really the best in the winter. In bad winters in hilly North Jersey, I'd say Mike is going to want some dedicated winters.
    Yea, I need the winters because I also travel to Vermont and Vernon for snowboarding frequently. Also after having all the control Winters gave me in snow, I don't know if I'll ever steer away from winters, unless of course I get a crossover or SUV.

actually TPMS helped me out once already. it lit up while i was on the highway so i pulled over to take a look and didnt see a flat. i checked the following morning again and still didnt see a flat. at work i borrowed my buddys gauge and pump and found that one of my tires only had 22PSI in it. i filled it back up to 35? or w/e the other 3 were at and took it to a tire shop during lunch. there was a nail in it.
    Same here, it went off, I checked it, nothin bad, next mornin it was low, I filled it, went to school, when I got back after school it was flat so I need to put a spare on

im tryin to look around for how to reset the TPMS w/o goign to the dealer. i swear i saw something in my nav that had something to do with TPMS

I don't have the Nav, so I wouldnt know about that. I have an Idea tho, Since the COBB AP can run CEL's (AutoZone ran my CEL with something like the AP). This makes me think you can reset the TPMS. Some more knowledgable people around here can deff. help you out, post a thread about it and see what you come up with, I'm interested in this myself.

Hmmm...only positive story about TPMS I've heard. That is legit. Avoided ruining a tire at that point (like I had done with mine at the end of last summer. Needed new tires anyway, so no biggy). I always just thought that they were another way for people to be too lazy to keep track of their own tire pressures

i came up with a dead end via the nav and also the cobb ap

TPMS Cobb AP

Hmmm...only positive story about TPMS I've heard. That is legit. Avoided ruining a tire at that point (like I had done with mine at the end of last summer. Needed new tires anyway, so no biggy). I always just thought that they were another way for people to be too lazy to keep track of their own tire pressures
    You didn't notice one of the tires was flat from the way it drove? When mine went flat I drove 2 feet and was like, 'wait somethings wrong'

But anyway, I want my Subi back!

LOL the past decade or so none of my cars had tpms. i just went by looking at it and if it looked "low" i would check the pressure. i did suffer a blowout on the highway at one point on a 18x9.5 rear wheel on my 540i/6. it may have been prevented with TPMS.

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    My truck has TMPS...and it tells me what PSI each tire is at.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast