Just learned how to upload pics lol - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on Just learned how to upload pics lol within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Nice pics, did you end up getting your door fixed? (I think it was you that posted that your friend ...

Nice pics, did you end up getting your door fixed? (I think it was you that posted that your friend hit it or something).
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    So this is the infamous STi lol

For some reason I thought your's was white.....don't really know why though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    your the second to think it was white haha (I wanted a white but my dad said I wasn't gettin an STi only a wrx, then a day later he txted me and said 'i got a silver with these options, i got a silver with these options, and a WRB with these options. i took the WRB lol) and the sti WAS infamous, now famous. i treat her better
    Yep, I was that first person
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    I was planning to order the relocate once I get a FMI. The reason I asked was it looked a little askew. Just an FYI if for some reason you wanted to be a little discrete I have a wingless WRB trunk.

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c View Post
    Nice pics, did you end up getting your door fixed? (I think it was you that posted that your friend hit it or something).
    Thanks. and it's acually in the shop right now, dropped it off monday. getting my door fixed, some dings on the sideskirt fixed (i need RA's lol), and getting a new front bumper because i cracked mine on a friends driveway.

I read your post about the break-in I believe? everything all sorted out with that?

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    I was planning to order the relocate once I get a FMI. The reason I asked was it looked a little askew. Just an FYI if for some reason you wanted to be a little discrete I have a wingless WRB trunk.
    I put it on right before the October snow storm, and I guess plowing through snow (I have a friend with a F-150 SVT and I of couse had to show him the Subi was better, he ended up following me around that day because my car handles alot better then his in snow, unless theres massive amounts of it that we simply cant drive in) must have gave it that slight pitch to the side.

As for that trunk goes, are you trying to trade or sell it? I would possibly buy one (Prefferably with the torsion rods) so I could also keep the trunk with the wing. because I'm 17 and the wing is still sick to me lol so I'd possibly be interested in buying one and waiting a bit to install it. Thanks for the offer if it's for sale and not trade I will consider and get back to you.

Have you been to any of the Ikea meets in Paramus? I only went one time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    Thanks. and it's acually in the shop right now, dropped it off monday. getting my door fixed, some dings on the sideskirt fixed (i need RA's lol), and getting a new front bumper because i cracked mine on a friends driveway.

I read your post about the break-in I believe? everything all sorted out with that?
    Yeah its all cleared up. After $3500, 3+ weeks in the shop, everything is good as new. I have to get to of my windows retinted this Saturday but that pretty much finishes up that experience. Geico was awesome and reimbursed me $200 for the stolen items (that's a very small amount compared to the amount stolen) but NJ has a crappy personal items policy for break ins. The $200 did cover me on my deductible but that was about it. I'll be getting my Cobb replacement for $300 from them with my Police Report so I'm just happy to not have to pay full retail again. Now I'm looking into a better security system to invest in this summer so this can be prevented from happening again lol.

Good to hear your car is getting fixed! I'm pretty anal about car stuff so dings and cracks would drive me insane lol. I would look into a lip too for the bumper so that it protects your front end from the pesky driveways. I find my bumper a lot sturdier with it on so I'm not as afraid of going up a driveway (on an angle and slowly) anymore lol.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c View Post
    Yeah its all cleared up. After $3500, 3+ weeks in the shop, everything is good as new. I have to get to of my windows retinted this Saturday but that pretty much finishes up that experience. Geico was awesome and reimbursed me $200 for the stolen items (that's a very small amount compared to the amount stolen) but NJ has a crappy personal items policy for break ins. The $200 did cover me on my deductible but that was about it. I'll be getting my Cobb replacement for $300 from them with my Police Report so I'm just happy to not have to pay full retail again. Now I'm looking into a better security system to invest in this summer so this can be prevented from happening again lol.

damn, 3500 is a nice chunk of change, glad to hear its pretty much not noticable tho.

ya know about the lip, I was thinking. If you feel under the bumper, at the bottom it lips down and back, creating like a crevace sort of. what if you filled the whole crevace, along the whole pumer with some sort of foam or apoxy? yea it would add some weight, but wouldnt that make it very very sturdy?

Good to hear your car is getting fixed! I'm pretty anal about car stuff so dings and cracks would drive me insane lol. I would look into a lip too for the bumper so that it protects your front end from the pesky driveways. I find my bumper a lot sturdier with it on so I'm not as afraid of going up a driveway (on an angle and slowly) anymore lol.

wow, excuse how that all came out in the copy of your post lmao. im sure you can tell what you wrote and what I did.

I Support ClubWRX
    Very lucky to have that at your age. I would be looking for a full trunk swap. I have yet to go to an Ikea meet I'm around Union. I am planning to go to more as the days stay constantly warmer. My salesman did tell me that he has had people ask for a 4dr sti without a wing so you never know.

Btw when and where are some North Jersey meets?
    Last edited by cflip2x; 04-18-2012 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cflip2x View Post
    Very lucky to have that at your age. I would be looking for a full trunk swap. I have yet to go to an Ikea meet I'm around Union. I am planning to go to more as the days stay constantly warmer. My salesman did tell me that he has had people ask for a 4dr sti without a wing so you never know.

Btw when and where are some North Jersey meets?
    UNofficial Trunk Swap Thread <--- try your luck there for the trunk swap

Not sure exactly where union is, I could know where you are better with a town name. I'm in bergen County, in Montvale.

As for meets, NASIOC will have more posts about meets around our area, but off the top of my head, I know that theres a meet every saturday night, either starts at 8 or 9, 2nd story of Ikea parking garage on 17 in Paramus. also heard some stirring of meets possibly start as Palisades Park mall, but not exactly sure. Also, down in South Jersey I know Tony (Rage-wrx) has a meet, I believe wednesday nights in the parking lot of.......... K-Mart? (not exactly sure what store, I believe its the lot behind a Friendly's) But that thread for that meet would be right here --> Weekly South Jersey Meets in Marlton, NJ <-- not sure if you'd travel that far, but me and some buddys did it and spent the night at my beach house. quite a nice ride down a deserted pitch black highway with 1 lane in each direction

I Support ClubWRX
    Ive posted on several trunk swaps. Just keep waiting it out its a slow process with the moth plus wait on orders. Union is near 78 about 15min from short hills. Im sure ill make it to more meets since the weather is getting nicer.

Let me know if you want to roll to some together!

Also, did you get your wheels painted gold?

I Support ClubWRX
    I painted the wheels myself ordered some Grimmspeed gold (very similar to the BBS Gold). First attempt with painting and I feel it worked out. Ill need to fix some chips ("whats that?" - Chip Chipperson). A lot of prepwork spent a weekend sanding and painting. I may get them powder coated eventually. I have a set of some cheep steelies for the winter and dont need to spend 800+ on new rims and tires when 120 will do the same. The OEM WRX (wolverine wheels as i like to call them) make them stand out if you make them something other then the original color.

Yea, I'm either having my Enkeis (Idk the actual spelling of it) powdercoated gold or black, then ima get those $50 steel rims for winter too

I Support ClubWRX
    If your going with Steel rims make sure they clear the STI Calipers. They just clear the WRX's

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast