Just ordered 2012 WRX Limited...Just one question? - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Just ordered 2012 WRX Limited...Just one question? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by DiRty Impreza WHiTE!!! Mike193, every post i read of yours is unintelligent. you've posted 9 times since ...

Quote Originally Posted by DiRty Impreza View Post
    WHiTE!!! Mike193, every post i read of yours is unintelligent.
    you've posted 9 times since june 2011? sweet.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

So this " product advisor " is so tough to deal with. He sent me a revised quote minus Navigation and HID's. I am saving $15.00 a month which is great but all he did was have me put more money down on the car. This is getting frustrating I wish there was another Subaru dealer in this city. I sent him an email explaining all the number's and how I am in the end actually paying $50.00 more on the car and not getting a discount at all. We will see what he say's.

My advice would be not to talk at all about monthly payments or anything like that. Keep them thinking that you may just pay cash and call it day (even if you can't afford that, they don't have to know.) Only talk about the price out the door. I see that you mention that you ordered it at first, but then you say he sent you a revised quote, did you agree on a price and get it in writing, or just a quote. I hope you agreed on a price, I would never order a car if the dealership could not tell me the price out the door in writing. Assuming you agreed on a price, what was the price you agreed on with the options you have in writing from him? I'd say that even if you don't have quite a legal claim to that car, any dealership that actually wants to build a relationship and not just make a quick sale, will come as close to that as they can, even if it means they lose a little money on the front end.

If I had an email from a Subaru representative telling me that they could put me into a 2012 WRX Limited with HID's, Nav, etc, for $28,000 and I get to the dealership and they say "oh sorry, that was a mistake, the nav is $1,000 extra" I would say "no it isn't or I walk."

The way I would see it if that dealership makes a mistake like that to get you in the door, who knows what other BS they will pull down the line. If they stand by their mistake, even if that can't fully honor it but can do something to prove that it was in good faith ($27,500 for no nav, or some other gesture), then you know that they are honest and will probably be a good dealership to deal with.

Granted I don't know the legalities of this in Canada, but if you do in fact have a price and options in writing from a Subaru representative, you may be able to threaten them with some "bait and switch" legislation, or contact SOC (Subaru of Canada?) and see if they can work with you, or at least reprimand the dealership.

If this was a phone conversation you had, I'd say that you were SOL, but since you have a specific car in writing, and I'm assuming an agreed upon price, I'd say you have the upper hand.

Let us know what happens, I really hope that they stand by their previous offer, or you REALLY stick it to them!
    Last edited by jas280z; 04-21-2012 at 08:24 PM.

OK I'm starting to make some progress, I talked to the other sales manager and he is actually great to deal with. He increased the value of my trade by $650.00 and is giving me another $500.00 discount, on top of what they originally discounted the car. I am happy with this. What do you guy's think? It's not Nav, and HID'd but at least they realized there mistake and are giving me a discount. I have one more small detail to work and then it will be final. The car is supposed to be here Early May. I will post picks ASAP.

It seems like they made an honest mistake, and did not misquote you to get you committed.

That being said, you have to decide if essentially $1150 in your pocket is worth the difference in car. Look into what it would cost you to get and HID retrofit and aftermarket nav if you so chose. Personally I would want that amount discounted off of the car even if I never decided to do the upgrades. If it would end up costing you more to do the upgrades to get the car you originally spec'd and agreed on, I would tell the dealership to keep trying. That's not even taking into account the loss of convenience and originality that having to modify the car would involve, or possible warranty ramifications.

Again, I don't know about Canadian laws, but I believe in the US, HID installations are only legal if they came on the car from the factory. But since they do offer a factory HID option for the Impreza in at least one trim level, I doubt that installing genuine Subaru HIDs into a different trim level would ever get you in trouble (as long as it was done well).

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jgardiner View Post
    The HIDs and the Nav are not available on the WRX at all. They are not an option. If he was to throw them in he would have to take them off an STI and install them on your car. Not cheap or easy, so I don't think that is going to happen.

What dealership are you working with?
    Hello, i am sorry, but this info is incorrect. I ordered a 2012 subaru Wrx limited in satin white pearl and mine comes with Navigation, HiD lights, fog lights, back on march 20th. And my dealer said that you can order the wrx with the nav package or with out it, matter of fact , it is exactly that way, there is a nav package limited, and a limited without. Mine is the sedan. Ordered from charlie's subaru Augusta, Maine. Sales persons name is George Main. Tell him Mike Eldredge sent ya.
    Last edited by wrxmike1972; 04-25-2012 at 10:23 AM. Reason: fixed a mis spelling

Quote Originally Posted by wrxmike1972 View Post
    Hello, i am sorry, but this info is incorrect. I ordered a 2012 subaru Wrx limited in satin white pearl and mine comes with Navigation, HiD lights, fog lights, back on march 20th. And my dealer said that you can order the wrx with the nav package or with out it, matter of fact , it is exactly that way, there is a nav package limited, and a limited without. Mine is the sedan. Ordered from charlie's subaru Augusta, Maine. Sales persons name is George Main. Tell him Mike Eldredge sent ya.
    If you look, both jgardiner and the OP are from Canada, and I believe that the information the jgardiner is correct for Canada.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by jas280z View Post
    If you look, both jgardiner and the OP are from Canada, and I believe that the information the jgardiner is correct for Canada.
    Maybe the US versions are built different than Canadian version

Quote Originally Posted by wrxmike1972 View Post
    Maybe the US versions are built different than Canadian version
    Yes, they are equipped differently.

I Support ClubWRX
    ^ never knew that
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by jas280z View Post
    Yes, they are equipped differently.
    Yeah, sucks to be us. Would love the factory HIDs.

Just curious, would you be able to buy a WRX in the US to get the HIDs if you really wanted? Obviously Calgary might be a little too far away from a US dealer, but I live in Buffalo and always see Canadians coming over the border to shop.

I know for a fact that some dealership here have actually sourced and sold Canadian spec cars when certain models were impossible to find US spec. If I remember correctly, the cars had a digital dash, so they were easily able to switch from KPH to MPH, but the thermometers in the car still read in Celsius. I wish I could remember what the model or make was, but I found this out years ago when I was a kid and went along with my dad while he was car shopping.

Yes, it would be possible to buy a car in the US, but then the speedo would be in miles and I'm not sure if Canadian dealers would honour a US warranty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.