Another New Guy

This is a discussion on Another New Guy within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hello everyone, I've been lurking on the forum for a few weeks now, and I've decided to finally post something. ...

Wink Another New Guy

Hello everyone,

I've been lurking on the forum for a few weeks now, and I've decided to finally post something. First off, most of you guys have a wealth of information, and don't mind sharing. For that, I'd like to thank you on behalf of us newbies.

At present I don't own a WRX; I had plans to buy a 2012 limited this year but unfortunately life got in the way and I will be needing back surgery. While the decision not to buy was pretty much made for me, it's sort of a blessing in disguise.
    I've been posing myself the same question I am sure many of you have been: "Do I buy the 2012 or wait for the redesigned 2013??" While there is some information out there, I'm very curious to see how the new 2.0L turbo will stand up to the current 2.5L turbo. One of my good friends very recently purchased a 2012 limited, and picked me up last weekend to take it for a spin. It was AWESOME! I've never driven anything quite like it before, so here's to hoping the 2013/2014 don't change TOOOO much.

Anyway, I just wanted to say hello.

I do have a question for you all, If there was one thing you could do over (in respect to your car), what would it be?
    For instance: "I wish I had listened to my elders and didn't buy an intake first."

Cheers!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome. If i had to do it over again i would get a limited model and probably another color than black, its a pain to take care of, and i want the hid's
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Guessing the new model may be underpowered compared to current wrx at lower rpms, although it's possible they may put a 6 spd in the wrx to compensate for that. It will probably get significantly better gas mileage, though. Since it will no longer share the same platform as Impreza, it may be smaller, which could make it less practical, but faster. All this is pure speculation, of course.

As for what I'd do differently, probably would go Open Source tune instead of Access Port. It's possible I'll still do that.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the Forum

If you need any parts or advice let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome to the forum.

No regrets except maybe I would have gotten a less conspicuous color than my WRB.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Welcome!

My car is far too new to have any regrets. I do hope everything works out for you though! At this point pretty much all anyone knows about the 2013 is rumors, Subaru is notoriously tight-lipped about these things. That said, I imagine they will somehow address the fuel mileage, which would be nice. However, I knew what I was getting when I got my car, and planned accordingly. If you are going to go with a 2013 model...if I were you I might wait a bit into the year to see if anything major starts cropping up, a la the 09 engine issues. The first year of a major redesign can be finicky for any automaker.

Course, who knows, Subaru may turn around and completely flabbergast us all and not make drastic changes next year! Time will tell.

Again, good luck with everything, including the surgery.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    If you are going to go with a 2013 model...if I were you I might wait a bit into the year to see if anything major starts cropping up, a la the 09 engine issues. The first year of a major redesign can be finicky for any automaker.
    ^^ My thoughts exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Again, good luck with everything, including the surgery.
    Thank you, Calvin, I appreciate that.

And thanks to everyone who offered their input!