New to forum, New to WRX, Few quick noob questions

This is a discussion on New to forum, New to WRX, Few quick noob questions within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; i am looking at purchasing a white, 2008 WRX (sedan) with 65,000 miles with the normal base package. what do ...

New to forum, New to WRX, Few quick noob questions

i am looking at purchasing a white, 2008 WRX (sedan) with 65,000 miles with the normal base package. what do you think is a fair price if bought from an individual. i know what edmunds and kbb says, want your opinion. consider it in good to great shape with oil changes done religiously.

as long as everything goes well this is my mod list in order (nothing crazy):
    intake
    accessport
    exhaust
    rims (nothing gaudy, not a fan of stock)

any suggestions or changes to my upgrade path?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You're on a very good beginning path. I would consider going the COBB route if you're new so you can gradually get into things. If you want any prices on those items, let me know.
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS

The price varies a lot by where you're located. Other factors include the condition of the paint and interior (saying it's in "good to great shape" doesn't really help, you need to be specific), as well as condition of the tires, brakes and other wear items.

Look at the sticky in the performance section on the best mod path for your car. It's already well documented.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    stage 2 is always a good upgrade beyond that seems like you got the basic ones down
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

i think the common upgrade for the 08 is the turbo swap from an 09+. i would def do that along with all the stage 2 goodies, which will make you well on your way to 300awhp
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

i may do uppipe, downpipe, and accessport instead as my path after some real research. i also found a great mechanic near me willing to do all the testing i need at a reasonable rate before i buy