I have a question I need help with

This is a discussion on I have a question I need help with within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I just bought a brand-new 2012 WRX . While driving it home from the dealership, I was about 5 miles ...

I have a question I need help with

I just bought a brand-new 2012 WRX . While driving it home from the dealership, I was about 5 miles down the road. All the sudden the dashboard lights up like a Christmas tree, all the warning lights came on and the speedometer starts jumping around, but the car still ran smooth. I drive it back to the dealer; they said itís probably a loose fuse it would take a minute to fix. 30 minutes later the service manager comes over and tells me it looks like itís probably the alternator and going to take a week for the part to come in. Anybody have any ideas and/or do I just tell the dealership to order me a new WRX instead?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Tell your dealer, give me a rental car, keep the new wrx and wait for a new alternator to come in. If he say no, ask him to borrow his office phone, and dial 1800 subaru3 . have a nice day

I Support ClubWRX
    Does your dealer know for sure that its the alternator?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.