Finally drove my own first stick shift |,,|
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Finally drove my own first stick shift |,,| within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Finally got my subie after three weeks of waiting which was not bad! totally worth it. Now my only worry ...

Finally drove my own first stick shift |,,|

Finally got my subie after three weeks of waiting which was not bad! totally worth it.
    Now my only worry is bout insurance. I though it would be high but not sky high!! I have read about insurance tips but if somebody have same experience or situation as me and have figured something out, I'd appreciate the help.
    So, here's the thing. I had car insurance from Farmers and Motorcycle(09 r6) from State farm. I had my bike stolen and later crashed(totaled). There was no one involved in crash though except me. Cop reported it as unsafe speed. I didn't appeal that as I had major injuries that time. So anyway, My bike insurance didn't go up and not that I bought another one. And my old car(03 accord) insurance didn't went up either. It's only when I am getting new one for subbie I am getting mile high price. Like stat farm quote me 300/mnth! like I personally took down the company by having two claims in a year! All state giving me 200/mnth and haven't heard back from Farmers yet. I don't understand why my motorcycle accident is affecting my car insurance.
    Any suggestion would be great?
    Thanks

2012 Subaru WRX ltd
    short throw, security shock sensor
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7818.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	116.4 KB 
ID:	103968Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7874.jpg 
Views:	197 
Size:	145.3 KB 
ID:	103969Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7879.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	136.9 KB 
ID:	103970Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_7888.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	104.1 KB 
ID:	103971

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Nice WRX, high insurance is just what comes with these cars it seems. Plus it all depends on age, if you own or have a loan on the car, the area you live in....previous driving history....
    <-------- Taylor Swift.
    2006 WRX 330whp. 300wtq. Slow.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #137
    First Mods...what to do.
    Subaru Guide

I Support ClubWRX
    Being a single male under 25 is one of the biggest insurance factors. If you're under 25, there's not much you can do about it.

My insurance rates dropped like a rock when I got married. I have one accident where I was not at fault, and one minor speeding ticket. I still have a year to go before I'm 25, but I'm only paying around $90 a month for full coverage with a $100 deductible, which is pretty good for these cars.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

You guys are right. I am 29. No tickets so far in either car/motorbike(there was one which I voided with Traffic school ). Had loans on my old car and motorbike which I paid off. I think my stolen and crash motorcycle records are kicking me back.
    @Rambo, that's pretty damn good quotes vs rate! can you share or msg me your insurance agent cntct?

Looks good man.
    Contributing unsolicited, worthless opinions since 9/10...
    The project I spend all my money on.... <---- Click it

I Support ClubWRX
    Very nice....

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice car! Just picked mine up 2 weeks ago. As for your insurance costs, these cars are VERY expensive to fix if you're in an accident and I 'm guessing w/ your previous record ( motorcycle ) you might be in for a surprise. I carry 100/300/100 which is really good insurance and I pay close to 1700 a year. I have AAA. Most insurance co's are going to be within a few dollars of one another from what I gathered when I shopped around. Like I said, these cars are a little $$ to insure. Nice car to learn stick on, hehe =) I'm sure you can get/find cheap insurance, but you might be out of pocket if you are at fault in a wreck and get sticker shock when the repair quote comes in. I live in Vegas and we have a ton of idiots driving around and looking at everything but the road so I NEED good insurance. If you live out in the sticks, then I'm sure you could get away with having a little less coverage. Gl in your search though!
    Last edited by carnevino; 04-14-2012 at 01:25 PM.

Man your car looks really good!

You're in CA and so am I. I have Wawanesa (sounds like a weird name but supposedly they're Canada based?) and the rates are the best I could find without going to cut-rate. I seriously loathe insurance companies and I feel like most of their practices should be downright illegal (if you have too many claims we'll cut your insurance?! WTF am I paying you for then? They only want to keep you as a customer as long as they're coming out on top. Period. /rant)

Anywhoo... When I first got coverage with them I maxed out coverage on every single category and they came out wayyy cheaper than AAA. Give them a shot. I currently have no points, neither does my wife. We will have the 2012 WRX and a 2004 Lexus RX330 on the plan. We're both over 30 and I think both cars are estimated to be getting about 29,000 miles a year on them (I need to change that). But our annual cost is about $1450.

The biggest tip anybody can give you is to not drive like an idiot. Be responsible, else I believe all of our rates go up due to incidents per type of vehicle.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

I Support ClubWRX
    Nice looking car, stick shift is wayyyyyy better than auto
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I Support ClubWRX
    its because your drivers license shows a ticket for unsafe speed regardless if it was motorcycle or car.

State farm has always had the lowest prices for me. Ive checked since and still lowest.. Car/motorcycle

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I Support ClubWRX
    Check out Ameriprise (car/home/renters) and Progressive (motorcycle). In my neck of the woods, Allstate and State Farm rates are RIDICULOUSLY high, in comparison. Ameriprise was a Costco find on my part so the rates are even lower than they would be otherwise.

Of course, speeding tickets on any vehicle become an obstacle. As T0rque mentions, it is your driver's license, which carries the violation history, regardless of the vehicle and/or vehicle owner.

Quote Originally Posted by passivecrimes View Post
    Man your car looks really good!
    thanks! my friend's photography adds to it

thanks guys..finally got some rational quotes from mid-century and mercury.
    50/100/50 and 500 deductible each for around 130/mnth.. I have to see if they cover after market parts though.
    I'll check out Ameriprise and Wawanesa too!

btw I just found out that there are no dmv records/points on my driving history! so may be cop didn't reported to DMV!! But insurance co are still counting it! So I wonder that just by mentioning them that I had an accident inspires them to quote me high?
    I am just q&a here.. I am fine with their quote but it might be helpful to figure out.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.