anxiously waiting...

This is a discussion on anxiously waiting... within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Put a deposit on a 12 Rex last Saturday (4/7) at a dealer in south MA. At that time, dealer ...

anxiously waiting...

Put a deposit on a 12 Rex last Saturday (4/7) at a dealer in south MA. At that time, dealer said car was at the pier in RI being delivered. One week later, still no sign of the car and salesman says he knows nothing and can't get info regarding delivery to the dealership. He just has to wait for a truck to show up at some unscheduled time. Car is also already showing up in the dealership inventory online.

Does this sound familiar or normal? I'm surprised to hear that dealerships have no way of tracking estimated deliveries on $25k and up cars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sounds familiar.

They can get information about the location of cars, but I don't think it's easy. Mine finally got information after the car was overdue. But it's not like they can just look up a tracking number on a web site.

Well I can tell you that sounds a little like my story on the west coast. My ETA is today. Almost two weeks ago I called SOA and was told that the car was "scheduled for release to transport." Translation: the car is at the port, my options are installed, and they're just waiting for a truck to pick it up and take it to the dealership.

Now, the dealership is less than 45 minutes away from any SoCal port, and I called today and was told that today is STILL the ETA but that it doesn't look like it's been picked up yet. I guess that makes sense, cuz once they pick it up it's a quick jog over to the dealership.

So my car has been sitting somewhere 1 hour away from my house and I can't get it yet! I'm seriously going crazy today.
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula