SPT bushing not installed at port? 2012 WRX

This is a discussion on SPT bushing not installed at port? 2012 WRX within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey Guys, I ordered my 2012 WRX SWP hatch in early Feburary, and had the car delivered in March 26. ...

SPT bushing not installed at port? 2012 WRX

Hey Guys,

I ordered my 2012 WRX SWP hatch in early Feburary, and had the car delivered in March 26. I ordered the following options: SPT Catback exhaust, STI short throw shifter, and the STI shot throw bushing. When the car was delivered to the dealership, I noticed on the window sticker that the STI short throw bushing was not listed. I asked my salesman if the STI bushing was installed or not, and he said it was installed. After driving the car for the first time, I noticed that the shifts did not seem as smooth, and sometimes getting a little difficult to get into 1st or 2nd gear. Especially getting into 2nd gear, it feels like its catching on something. For the most part, the car shifts pretty smooth, but one off time, it does not. So I called Subaru of America to get more information, and long behold, he told me that STI short throw bushings are not installed at the port, they are a dealer installed accessory. So I called the manager at the dealership I ordered from, and told them what I found out. My salesperson called me back, and tells me I am right, and for me to get it installed its going to cost $250. Why would I pay $250, when the salesperson was the one that confirmed that it was installed the day I took delivery of the car. The manager is going to get back to me in the next few days on what the verdict will be. So will keep you guys posted.

Has anyone had a STI short throw bushing installed at port?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Why is it taking him a few days to get back to you? Should be a pretty easy answer. They should do it for you, you paid for it. Don't take no for an answer.

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    Why is it taking him a few days to get back to you? Should be a pretty easy answer. They should do it for you, you paid for it. Don't take no for an answer.
    This.

It's an option that you paid for with the car when ordering. It should not cost anything extra to you. Their mistake, they need to put the spurs on and cowboy up.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

If it's not on the sticker, you may not have paid for it after all. I would give them the finger, and buy/install it yourself.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you have an order sheet?

On the sheet it must be mentioned if they ordered it with the car.If it is on the order sheet & they are still refusing to install it without payment,send a copy to SOA with a complaint.

$250?That is like a $200 install.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    It's a 30 dollar part. Just installed mine last week. If worst comes to worst and they don't put it in buy the part and install it yourself. It's a 45 min job.

Make sure to put grease on the new bushing to get best results.

I Support ClubWRX
    $200 install, Tony? I do shifter bushings for a 6-pack of beer split between us during the install...

If it's not on the car, skip the SPT part and order the TiC kit which includes all four sets.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    $200 install, Tony? I do shifter bushings for a 6-pack of beer split between us during the install...

If it's not on the car, skip the SPT part and order the TiC kit which includes all four sets.
    Only a 6 pack? I usually bring a case to installs...you need to come down here
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13
    Only a 6 pack? I usually bring a case to installs...you need to come down here
    Not everyone is a heavyweight.

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Not everyone is a heavyweight.
    I know...it sucks...I'm not a cheap date

I recieved two documents when I ordered my car. One paper has the STI short throw shifter bushing included, and I think the order paper does not. But I specifically asked for the STI short throw bushing to be added and installed.

I know I can search for this, but anyone have a link to a good DIY write up on how to install the bushing?

I Support ClubWRX
    Look in the link in my signature.You will find instructions there & a link to the bushing faq by EJ257
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dopewrx View Post
    I know I can search for this, but anyone have a link to a good DIY write up on how to install the bushing?
    They're pretty easy to do. Getting the front stocker out can be a little tricky. Don't be afraid to rip or cut into it; it's going in the trash anyway. Do you have ramps?
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I Support ClubWRX
    the bolts are 12mm on the heat shield and on the bushing. super easy install.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13
    I know...it sucks...I'm not a cheap date
    Neither am I. I guess we go dutch...

UNYSOC