WRX/STi owners: 4 door, or 5 door? And why? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Which body style did you pick up?

Voters
75. You may not vote on this poll
  • 4 Door

25 33.33%
  • 5 Door/Hatch/Wagon

50 66.67%
  • My only option was 5 door ('08 - '10 STi)

0 0%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on WRX/STi owners: 4 door, or 5 door? And why? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by theMan I usually see fat guys who drive hatches. Are you stalking me?I'm trying hard to lose ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by theMan View Post
    I usually see fat guys who drive hatches.
    Are you stalking me?I'm trying hard to lose weight,okay?

Once I'm thinner I'll buy a sedan.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Once I'm thinner I'll buy a sedan.
    ROFFLCLAMF!
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Dude that's a job for truck... Period... An 8 foot ANYTHING in a hatchback? Maybe with all the seats laying down and no place for a driver to sit...
    I've owned 2 bugeyes, a sedan and a wagon. The wagon has proven to be MUCH more versatile for bringing things home from Lowes, kids' stuff, whatever. There are some situations where it was "possible" to get it into the sedan with a lot of effort..the wagon erases the effort. Open hatch...throw it in...close hatch.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by RayfieldsWRX
    I've owned 2 bugeyes, a sedan and a wagon. The wagon has proven to be MUCH more versatile for bringing things home from Lowes, kids' stuff, whatever. There are some situations where it was "possible" to get it into the sedan with a lot of effort..the wagon erases the effort. Open hatch...throw it in...close hatch.
    I had to call my father to bring home my television from Best Buy, because it didn't fit in my car. With a wagon/hatch, I would've been fine
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

i had the same problem when i got my TV a few years ago. i had a 3 series coupe at the time and it happened to have rear folding seats, so i thought to myself, no problem.

WRONG

the TV wouldve fit fine, but due to the angle of the trunk, it wouldn't clear the top of the trunk. i had to leave the trunk half open and tied it down and hoped the TV wouldnt fall out.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

No sedan love here it seems...

I chose the Sedan simply on looks. The Mrs. and I greatly prefer the look of the Sedan, but the versatility of the hatch sure would be nice. Our solution is to buy a wagon bugeye/blobeye as a second car

STI wing ftw
    2012 PBP Limited STI
    2002 Aspen White WRX Wagon, Stage 1

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Dramlin View Post
    to buy a wagon bugeye
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

5dr for practical reasons of course. Some say it looks better, but I'm still a very sedan oriented person.

i've had the 2011 wrx sedan and then switch to 2012 hatch sti, having a family and a baby it helps when you buy a lot of groceries and having so much more vertical space and it helps to carry bulky things. as far as looks I like the sedan a little better but the hatch grows on you.

The rear seats didn't fold down in my TL. It sucked the 3 different times I moved with that car and I use to make visits to IKEA all the time. Needless to say, I couldn't get furniture in the trunk.
    I think throwing stuff in the back of this will be more fun when it comes to road trips compared to the TL.

I like the space
    I like the look
    It stands apart but doesn't look desirable to the common eye
    Most of the people I know have no idea what kind of car I drive.lol
    2012 DGM WRX Hatch // SPT CBE // Cobb AP Stage 1 // 35% tint

cops dont seem to notice you as much either, bonus!
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    cops dont seem to notice you as much either, bonus!
    Certainly true of a stock bugeye wagon. Once I put the gold wheels on, it seems like it started getting slightly more attention as I pass parked policemen. Hard to quantify.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

For the 2011 I would prefer the 4-door, but I went ahead and got the 5-door 2013 (same body as 2012) because I liked what they did to the wheel hubs, THAT and the 5door is actually lighter faster, and has way more room. Three birds one stone son.

The 5door DOES have a .01 higher drag coefficient, but that shouldnt make a difference until about 120+ mph

heres a good link i found to some real detail info about all the models:

2013 Subaru WRX and STI research page: WRX, Premium, Limited, and STI, STI Limited, 4 door sedan, 5 door hatchback

scroll down just a bit before halfway, thats when all the good info gets dropped

Quote Originally Posted by mgwein View Post
    For the 2011 I would prefer the 4-door, but I went ahead and got the 5-door 2013 (same body as 2012) because I liked what they did to the wheel hubs, THAT and the 5door is actually lighter faster, and has way more room. Three birds one stone son.

The 5door DOES have a .01 higher drag coefficient, but that shouldnt make a difference until about 120+ mph

heres a good link i found to some real detail info about all the models:

2013 Subaru WRX and STI research page: WRX, Premium, Limited, and STI, STI Limited, 4 door sedan, 5 door hatchback

scroll down just a bit before halfway, thats when all the good info gets dropped
    im confused, what did they do with teh wheel hubs in 2012?

Registered User wreckingball man's Avatar
    4 door. Bugeye is my favorite, other than the '08. But I had a lower price range so i got the bugeye...and the sedan just looks better imo.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast