STi Owners help! Need help on USED STI Purchase!!!!
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi Owners help! Need help on USED STI Purchase!!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; im about to buy a STi off of someone and want you guys to tell me if it is a ...

Talking STi Owners help! Need help on USED STI Purchase!!!!

im about to buy a STi off of someone and want you guys to tell me if it is a good legitimate deal or not. Car has been dynoed 3 times. He wants 30k for the car. It has access port. Has gold BBS rims.

2008 STi 5 door. Cold weather package, Navi inside

282 HP 326 TQ
    Invidia Catted DP, Cobb Catback, Tuned

370 HP 371 TQ
    Added Blouch 2.5XTR, TXS FMIC, DW750cc, KSTech 73mm Intake

383 HP 398 TQ
    Added GTSpec EL Header, EWG, Tuned

I do not have a subaru right now I have a civic. Not sure wat a 2.5XTR, TXS FMIC, DW750cc is.

What do you guys think? Since its a 08 I heard sometimes they tend to blow up and it would be 30k on a car with no warranty.

The only attraction to this car is that it has more power than if i bought a stock STi because I wouldn't put that much extra money into the car. There are no other suspension mods. He just payed a lot of labor to do all the modifications. Used ones are like 26-30 now for 08 like this.

Any comments welcome

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    30k for a used 08 with that many mods? I'm not an STi owner, but you can get a new STi for like 4k more. Personally if it were my choice I'd pass with no regrets.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

ok, so im assuming the performance aspects are not outweighing the costs... Also reliability is the main concern price being 2nd

I Support ClubWRX
    I'd be worried about reliability on anything that wasn't stock.

You have to think about it like this. The person who spent the money to mod the car did it for a reason. So it could be driven, and probably driven pretty hard. No one does mods like that and then drives around like a granny lol.

Now on a nice low mileage stock STi reliability isn't that big of a concern in my eyes.
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Welcome to ClubWRX! Please read the sticky (FAQ's) in this part of the forum Car Purchasing Forum especially this one How to Buy a Used WRX or STI

Remember mods are worth nothing, when buying a used car, check how much the car should be worth on KBB.

Did not realize all the work put into this car will not make it any more valuable/good deal

Quote Originally Posted by michaelwfox View Post
    30k for a used 08 with that many mods? I'm not an STi owner, but you can get a new STi for like 4k more. Personally if it were my choice I'd pass with no regrets.
    I hadn't looked it up lately, but that sounded about right. Plus unless you're buying outright, the APR would be better off a brand new car.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdknicks View Post
    Did not realize all the work put into this car will not make it any more valuable/good deal
    It's the sad truth. Just depends on the risk you want to take when you buy the car, if you pay for ones with mods, or not.

the reliability is the main issue

I Support ClubWRX
    You're talking about paying almost as much as a new STi for used models. Prefer authentic Subaru parts, full service histories, effective warranties, and conservative owners. Or just buy new.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

ok looks like i will be looking elsewhere. thought it was gonna be worth it cuz of all the parts. Might just get a stock STi.

08 vs 09? any suggestions?

I Support ClubWRX
    The newer the better. The more paperwork the better. The less enthusiast owners the better.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    This seems high for a 4 year old sti even with mods
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

new mission... sti sedan

when is the next scheduled STi redesign?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    The less enthusiast owners the better.

Clamf! We'll all try not to take that personally.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.