2011 WRX premium noobie Down pipe help!!!!!!

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX premium noobie Down pipe help!!!!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have currently bought a 2011 WRX and the guy who had it before me put in a cold air ...

2011 WRX premium noobie Down pipe help!!!!!!

I have currently bought a 2011 WRX and the guy who had it before me put in a cold air intake but did not get a tune or a downpipe, I am trying to learn about all this stuff for the first time, but it seems like I am getting hung up and what I am sure are very stupid things. So I have heard getting a DP and a stage 2 tune would be the best course of action, but looking at DP's online has proven to be very frustrating for me, so could some one please explain a few questions I have

Question 1
    What is the difference between catted and Cattless? The things I am concerned about is noise and what's best for the car, not so much power, I like the sound of the exhaust as is and don't want my car sounding like a car from Tokyo Drift.

Question 2
    What is the difference In between Cobb bellmouth and CNT bellmouth? Or divorce waste gate for that matter, or even invidia. Cobb is $595 and I found a CNT that looks to be the same and have the same features but for $350. Am I just paying for the name? It just seems like the price for a DP Fluctuates*so much but I can't really seem to find out why.

I am sorry for the stupid question but I did not know who else to ask, thank you in advance for any responses.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You don't necessarily have to get a downpipe and stage 2 tune, you could get a stage 1 tune that takes your intake into consideration. Torqued performance has a number of intake options for their e-tunes.

I had the same debate on catless vs catted etc. if you want to go stage 2 get a catted dp, also brand is preference and build quality may differ a little, Cobb will bolt right on to stock/spt, cnt will require an adapter. If you go stage 2 Most maps I've seen require you to have a full turbo back exhaust.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Here is a good thread on the difference between bellmouth and divorced downpipes

Downpipe FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! - www.kronosperformance.com - Call/Text 732-742-8837 |
    AIM Screenname - KronosParts | GoogleTalk - sales@kronosperformance.com | Military Discount
    Kronos has Special Pricings on Process West & Agency Power!
    CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SPECIALS AND PROMOTIONS