2011 WRX premium noobie Down pipe help!!!!!!
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX premium noobie Down pipe help!!!!!! within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I have currently bought a 2011 WRX and the guy who had it before me put in a cold air ...

2011 WRX premium noobie Down pipe help!!!!!!

I have currently bought a 2011 WRX and the guy who had it before me put in a cold air intake but did not get a tune or a downpipe, I am trying to learn about all this stuff for the first time, but it seems like I am getting hung up and what I am sure are very stupid things. So I have heard getting a DP and a stage 2 tune would be the best course of action, but looking at DP's online has proven to be very frustrating for me, so could some one please explain a few questions I have

Question 1
    What is the difference between catted and Cattless? The things I am concerned about is noise and what's best for the car, not so much power, I like the sound of the exhaust as is and don't want my car sounding like a car from Tokyo Drift.

Question 2
    What is the difference In between Cobb bellmouth and CNT bellmouth? Or divorce waste gate for that matter, or even invidia. Cobb is $595 and I found a CNT that looks to be the same and have the same features but for $350. Am I just paying for the name? It just seems like the price for a DP Fluctuates*so much but I can't really seem to find out why.

I am sorry for the stupid question but I did not know who else to ask, thank you in advance for any responses.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You don't necessarily have to get a downpipe and stage 2 tune, you could get a stage 1 tune that takes your intake into consideration. Torqued performance has a number of intake options for their e-tunes.

I had the same debate on catless vs catted etc. if you want to go stage 2 get a catted dp, also brand is preference and build quality may differ a little, Cobb will bolt right on to stock/spt, cnt will require an adapter. If you go stage 2 Most maps I've seen require you to have a full turbo back exhaust.

ClubWRX.net Vendor adam@kronosperformance's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Here is a good thread on the difference between bellmouth and divorced downpipes

Downpipe FAQ: Read if you are thinking of buying one! - NASIOC
    ClubWRX.net's #1 Vendor! www.kronosperformance.com sales@kronosperformance.com Call/Text 732-742-8837 We Offer a Military Discount
    Our Facebook | Our Twitter | Our Instagram | Our Pinterest
    Our featured brands
    RALLY ARMOR | BC RACING | PERRIN | MISHIMOTO | GRIMMSPEED

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.