Suspension question

This is a discussion on Suspension question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, does anyone know the differences in the suspension specs between a 93 Wrx impreza and a 97 Wrx ...

Suspension question

Hey guys, does anyone know the differences in the suspension specs between a 93 Wrx impreza and a 97 Wrx impreza? Also, any opinions on Quantum suspension??
    Any help would be great

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Unfortunately we didn't get our first WRX until 2002 in the states, and I haven't heard of that suspension brand being used here.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Reason for asking, last week I noticed a knocking/clunking noise coming from my left rear. After checking every nut and bolt all the bushes sway bar links etc I removed the shock to check that. I think I found the cause, if I remove the coil and hold the bottom of the shock where the bolts go through and hold the top and try to bend the shock I get a small amount of play and a small thud noise. Is this normal??? They Apexi WS Damper adjustable shocks.
    Any help would be great

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett86 View Post
    Reason for asking, last week I noticed a knocking/clunking noise coming from my left rear. After checking every nut and bolt all the bushes sway bar links etc I removed the shock to check that. I think I found the cause, if I remove the coil and hold the bottom of the shock where the bolts go through and hold the top and try to bend the shock I get a small amount of play and a small thud noise. Is this normal??? They Apexi WS Damper adjustable shocks.
    Any help would be great
    No, it likely needs to be replaced.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb