Suspension question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Suspension question within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hey guys, does anyone know the differences in the suspension specs between a 93 Wrx impreza and a 97 Wrx ...

Suspension question

Hey guys, does anyone know the differences in the suspension specs between a 93 Wrx impreza and a 97 Wrx impreza? Also, any opinions on Quantum suspension??
    Any help would be great

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Unfortunately we didn't get our first WRX until 2002 in the states, and I haven't heard of that suspension brand being used here.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Reason for asking, last week I noticed a knocking/clunking noise coming from my left rear. After checking every nut and bolt all the bushes sway bar links etc I removed the shock to check that. I think I found the cause, if I remove the coil and hold the bottom of the shock where the bolts go through and hold the top and try to bend the shock I get a small amount of play and a small thud noise. Is this normal??? They Apexi WS Damper adjustable shocks.
    Any help would be great

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennett86 View Post
    Reason for asking, last week I noticed a knocking/clunking noise coming from my left rear. After checking every nut and bolt all the bushes sway bar links etc I removed the shock to check that. I think I found the cause, if I remove the coil and hold the bottom of the shock where the bolts go through and hold the top and try to bend the shock I get a small amount of play and a small thud noise. Is this normal??? They Apexi WS Damper adjustable shocks.
    Any help would be great
    No, it likely needs to be replaced.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.