hello

This is a discussion on hello within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Hi, I just registered today and wanted to get some info before I actually purchase a wrx... I am looking ...

Question hello

Hi, I just registered today and wanted to get some info before I actually purchase a wrx... I am looking to buy an 06 or 07 wrx or wrx tr. First question is, how reliable are these cars? I've only had cars from japan..currently I have a 98 240sx se, it has 200k and has never been in thbe shop. Id like to keep that luck going w a wrx.

Second: what kind of warning signs if any should I be aware of when shopping around? Id love to have your feedback for the future. Thx a bunch!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Someone will link up a thread for first time buyers.

If you take care of the car, it will take care of you. Meaning if you handle the standard maintenance at the necessary intervals and you don't beat the piss out of it, there's no reason why a WRX can't go 300k miles.

Warning signs = modded cars. When shopping, find something as close to stock as possible, preferably one owner, with documentation/receipts of all maintenance.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Ok great. Anything specific to watch for on the 06 or 07 models?

I Support ClubWRX
    Welcome

Check for a 3rd gear grind.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Welcome

Check for a 3rd gear grind.

Thx for the tip! What would that mean if 3rd is grinding? Did those trans' have syncro issues?