Long time reader, first time posting - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on Long time reader, first time posting within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by T0rque you do realize they are the same exact car. Subaru just makes there own power packages ...

Quote Originally Posted by T0rque View Post
    you do realize they are the same exact car. Subaru just makes there own power packages for these cars much like ford mustang, gt, gt500, shelby, super snake, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by mycologist; 04-05-2012 at 11:53 AM. Reason: No personal attacks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkerBlitz View Post
    What I meant is there are, in my opinion, both some very tastefully built and extremely hideous WRXs and STis.

You do have to undertand that taste is entirely subjective and kind of restricted to mostly exterior mods. I assume that's what you're getting at since you described some cars as "hideous." I think you should focus on well built cars. Because when it comes to modifying the car for performance there are only two ways to do it: the right way and the wrong way. Sometimes people sacrafice form for function, so there is that to keep in mind. Synolimit had a sweet wing that made his car way more stable...lol
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    You do have to undertand that taste is entirely subjective and kind of restricted to mostly exterior mods. I assume that's what you're getting at since you described some cars as "hideous." I think you should focus on well built cars. Because when it comes to modifying the car for performance there are only two ways to do it: the right way and the wrong way. Sometimes people sacrafice form for function, so there is that to keep in mind. Synolimit had a sweet wing that made his car way more stable...lol
    Yes, I do understand that. And if you look at a few posts before that I stated that I am an extremely opinionated person. I've seen first hand a couple of really horrible looking STis at my school. There are 3 STis that are always in the lot. It is subjective, but it doesn't mean that I have to like them any more. I have my own tastes, and gigantic lips on wheels, park bench wings and tons of stickers don't appeal to me.

It's ok to disagree and argue, but I can tell you that personal attacks will not get you very far here. Although they may get you very far FROM here.

- In before the mods FTW
    Last edited by mycologist; 04-05-2012 at 11:54 AM. Reason: edited quote
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Everyone please take a seat until your number is called
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX
    BO SMASH!
    GTA:O ClubWRX Crew

My "Build" Thread!

2006 WRX TR
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #1856...ssshhh don't tell anyone!

Captain James of the SS Impreza has gone down with the ship Drews's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yes, I do understand that. And if you look at a few posts before that I stated that I am an extremely opinionated person. I've seen first hand a couple of really horrible looking STis at my school. There are 3 STis that are always in the lot. It is subjective, but it doesn't mean that I have to like them any more. I have my own tastes, and gigantic lips on wheels, park bench wings and tons of stickers don't appeal to me.

Just because you're opinionated doesn't mean you're right. If you're really concerning yourself with how others modify their car you've got a lot to learn. We aren't talking about what others do with their cars, we are talking about what YOU wan't to do with your car.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #Eleventy,000,000,000|N.E.R.D. Member 20,000
    Stable: 2014 Hyundai Veloster Turbo (Matte Grey), 06 LGT, 03 WRX, 98 RS, 00 OBS

Resident Clubdub Debbie Downer. I'd love your ideas if you kept them to yourself. Subarus suck, get a new wife.

Never argue with idiots. They'll drag you to their level and beat you with experience.

I Support ClubWRX
    IBTL
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Just cause you're opinionated and tout yourself as so, doesn't mean you come in throwing around personal attacks at mods, or anyone else for that matter. Just because you are opinionated, doesn't mean your opinion matters any less or any more than anyone elses opinion. You don't have to like or dislike an opinion. If you can't at least respect what other people have to say, gtfo.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    In case it hasn't gotten through:

No more racial comments regardless of your affiliations or affinities. The other thread was already borderline but I thought it would end there with a subtle comment.

No more personal attacks. Since they are also coming from the OP himself we will have no compunction closing this thread.

Everybody get on topic and play nice.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

The mushroomist has spoken!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    The mushroomist has spoken!
    I personally really enjoyed Myco's use of "compunction"...very good word.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    I personally really enjoyed Myco's use of "compunction"...very good word.
    Yes,subtle aggression.Very well constructed paragraph.

And OP get whatever car suits your taste.Good luck with the endeavor.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Quote Originally Posted by Drews View Post
    Just because you're opinionated doesn't mean you're right. If you're really concerning yourself with how others modify their car you've got a lot to learn. We aren't talking about what others do with their cars, we are talking about what YOU wan't to do with your car.
    I never said I was right, I said that I didn't like it. And I do respect other people's opinions, but he was talking down to me as if I did not know that WRX and STis are pretty much the same car appearance wise. That's not an opinion, and I took that as a personal attack against my intelligence. I may not be shakespeare when it comes to writing, but that makes me no less knowledgeable than you when it comes to cars. I came here for opinions on my situation, and my intelligence is questioned? I'm sorry, I didn't know people here were experts on me.

Tl;dr Both his action and my reaction were wrong, so of he apologizes, then I will too.

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    I never said I was right, I said that I didn't like it. And I do respect other people's opinions, but he was talking down to me as if I did not know that WRX and STis are pretty much the same car appearance wise. That's not an opinion, and I took that as a personal attack against my intelligence. I may not be shakespeare when it comes to writing, but that makes me no less knowledgeable than you when it comes to cars. I came here for opinions on my situation, and my intelligence is questioned? I'm sorry, I didn't know people here were experts on me.

Tl;dr Both his action and my reaction were wrong, so of he apologizes, then I will too.

The point was simply mis-communicated and he asked for clarification. I will say I personally understood what was being said. However, although I'm no expert on you or people in general, a slightly thicker skin than what was demonstrated above will serve you well here.

I don't see where he owes you an apology. In fact you'll be lucky if he doesn't raise hell when he sees it.

I'm personally done going around on this - now that you've had a chance to explain yourself, just drop it and move on.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast