New WRX owners: Base, Premium, or Limited? and why?

View Poll Results: Which WRX trim level did you pick up?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Base

38 41.30%
  • Premium

33 35.87%
  • Limited

21 22.83%
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on New WRX owners: Base, Premium, or Limited? and why? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; I picked up a Limited because it was only

k more than the premium for leather and hid......

New WRX owners: Base, Premium, or Limited? and why?

I picked up a Limited because it was only $1k more than the premium for leather and hid...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I bought the base because my two previous cars had all the creature comforts. They were nice but could live without.
    Leather seats: I was always paranoid about passenger keys and stuff in back pockets
    heated mirrors: nice but can live without [and I would always forget to turn them off]
    heated seats: Nice for the ladies [and myself] but can live with out. Use them maybe 45 days out of the year
    HID's: can get an after market kit down the road and not worth the increase on payments just for that one thing
    I guess those are the main things. I just added the mirror, fogs and SPT CBE and Im content
    I bought this car for performance not so much luxury amenities
    2012 DGM WRX Hatch // SPT CBE // Cobb AP Stage 1 // 35% tint

i got the base then added what i wanted i never use heated seats and im not a fan of leather .....i only wish i could have got the hids ....but i can go aftermarket

I Support ClubWRX
    I wanted a sunroof in mine and the dealer i went to had a premium sitting on the lot
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

base, but with limited seats...

Premium 5 door, 1. It had a sunroof 2. It was a hatchback 3. It was on the lot!

Base. Because race car.

JK

Really the only thing I definitely wanted was the bluetooth/ipod interface. Since that's standard, all I needed was a bare bones base. I don't miss my sunroof, it was almost needed in the RSX because the cabin felt a lot smaller. In the WRX I have way more headroom and more light seems to be let in through the windshield/windows. So, don't miss the sunroof. I also don't miss the leather seats. Sure, they're easier to clean, but I think the cloth is actually more comfortable, and time will tell whether it does a better job of not being indented by my bony ass.

I have missed heated mirrors a few times, although now that I think about it, it hasn't been that they've been fogged up. It's been just collected water in bigger droplets on the surface of the mirror. Remind me to rain-x them later.

So really, the only option I wish I had checked off would be fogs. And that's basically just for looks. And I can add them later on if I want.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

No Bewbs option?

Ban.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Base .

No need for sunroof or moonroof(whats the difference?).

Don't like leather seats & have no need for heated seats.

Would have liked the HIDs but a retrofit would do.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Base - got it new for $23,981 with SPT CBE. Limited was $27K (without leather) and didn't see the value

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Base .

No need for sunroof or moonroof(whats the difference?).

Don't like leather seats & have no need for heated seats.

Would have liked the HIDs but a retrofit would do.
    Nowadays they're interchangeable. Sunroof was around first and had a slightly different meaning (typically that it wasn't made of glass, so it would only allow in air/light if it was open). Ford came up with moonroof in the 70s for the more modern ones and it stuck.

I love my premium. Moonroof in my '11 was a must have after my '08 wasn't available with one. The foglights aren't that big of a deal, and I really didn't care enough about leather or HIDs to pay the extra $1k (not to mention how much harder they were to find).

I have 08 WRX Premium w/Nav temporarily. I ordered a SWP WRX 4-door Base w/cbe exhaust, fog lights, all-weather mats. I like not having a wing those have been outta date since jump street. Getting car under invoice with those options for around $24,600. After equity from trade and GAP insurance tax/destination I'm at $391/month if the 2.9% still stands when I pick it up. My friend is a finance manager so I hope I'm not getting ripped!

My last new car was a '99 Gran Am. It was "loaded" minus the leather. Over the 11 years I owned the thing, I realized that I really wanted the leather, heated everything, and the sunroof. I also knew I would keep the rex for another 11 years, so I wanted to make sure I had everything I wanted. Limited was the sure choice.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Limited, love the black leather with red thread interior. I don't like heated seats but all my passengers do. Only regret is being in too much of a hurry and not including the Nav. Anyone have experience with an after market nav?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast