New WRX owners: Base, Premium, or Limited? and why? - Page 6

View Poll Results: Which WRX trim level did you pick up?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Base

39 41.94%
  • Premium

33 35.48%
  • Limited

21 22.58%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on New WRX owners: Base, Premium, or Limited? and why? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by Asharus yep, never again.... i went thru 5 bmws from 1999 through 2011. i had a great ...

Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    yep, never again.... i went thru 5 bmws from 1999 through 2011. i had a great independent mechanic who was really cheap on labor and never screwed me on parts, w/o him i woulda never have been able to afford to maintain them, but they were awesome cars. DRIVERS cars. once the 2011 WRX caught my eye though, i sold the 540 the second i came up with an excuse to, and bought one w/o even test driving it. LOL it was a leap of faith, and i had no regrets, until i found out about the ringland threat. DAMNIT, LOL!
    i googled 'ringland'.. how big is this issue? is it on both WRX and STi?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Premium and I honestly don't know why. Actually, I thought Premium was the most expensive package with the HIDs, leather, etc. Maybe I should've went with the STI. Eh..
    2011 SWP WRX Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by clt-wrx View Post
    lol did you include [/MagnumXL] in your post because you response was long?
    nice avatar btw
    yep

Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    good call, 150k miles, you woulda needed a valley pan gasket cuz coolant is mysteriously disappearing, and your timing chain guide rails (plastic) may have disintegrated already and pieces of plastic are probably sitting in your oil pump pickup screen. ROFL

mine had 66k when i bought it, but this was when i had a daily driver (97 318ti). when i decided to sell the daily driver because i wanted to justify driving the 540 every day, it did not like it one bit. just after a few months, the starter solenoid stopped working (replaced, new one went bad after a month, deemed defective, then 3 months later it started acting up again), then it started losing about a quart of coolant per week (mechanic did a pressure test and found no leaks (uh oh.. valley pan gasket). then the looming threat of a disintegrating chain guide rail was too much for me to handle so i can sleep at night. ROFL.

i do miss her though

2001 BMW 540i/6 - YouTube
    Wow yeah, glad I didn't get it. It was at a little bit of a shady dealer too, so definitely a no go. Thank god the only problem I had with my only BMW (96 318i sedan) was that I ass-banged a Toyota Camry that effectively totaled it
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Premium...because I wanted the fog lights, spoiler and moonroof (all weather package is a sweet bonus).

i dont know whether or not to add fog lights to my base? i want them but is there a way to get the factory installed ones cheaper?

Quote Originally Posted by reggie16 View Post
    i dont know whether or not to add fog lights to my base? i want them but is there a way to get the factory installed ones cheaper?
    I ordered my base model with fog lights - port installed option. I think you can really configure the base model with just about anything except a sunroof...
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

I went with base with spoiler got it as a weekend driver all performance is all im interested in waiting for car to arrive

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.