New WRX owners: Base, Premium, or Limited? and why? - Page 4

View Poll Results: Which WRX trim level did you pick up?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Base

39 41.94%
  • Premium

33 35.48%
  • Limited

21 22.58%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on New WRX owners: Base, Premium, or Limited? and why? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Originally Posted by etnpnys Cuz I'm 6'3" and I don't want to have something hanging down in front of my ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    Cuz I'm 6'3" and I don't want to have something hanging down in front of my face when I walk through the garage. And then, when we pull the cars out of the garage, the projector gives us movie night. Great for Super Bowl parties and kids movies when they wanna have friends over. Oh - and playing Tiger Woods Golf on the Wii. Or NFL Training Camp. Or just about anything you want a really big screen for!

I'm just saying that my garage is where the cars sleep, for sure, but that's not all we do with it.

Love the avatar, BTW.
    I wish you were my neighbor! I'd be all over that big screen playing Wii in your garage...yeah screw the tennis ball idea!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Whoa it just occurred to me how I actually used my sunroof for NOT cosmetic reasons: fresh air. I don't yet know about the WRX, but the Matrix and the RX330 are impossible to have any one window open - the air reverberation beats your eardrums to death. So, we crack open the sunroof and turn the A/C to not recirculating. That gives the air a pass-through and it's super effective.

...Wish I would have thought of that before I ordered!! I don't know if that alone is worth $4k, but at least I would have considered it...
    "Ah, it is the fault of our science that it wants to explain all; and if it explain not, then it says there is nothing to explain."
    -Van Helsing, from Bram Stoker's ​Dracula

i crack my front 2 windows open all the time and there is no reverberation.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

Got the base model. Don't need all the options. Wife's car has that. Lol
    2012 Subaru WRX WR Blue Pearl - Stock (for now)
    1993 Nissan 300ZX Twin Turbo - 547whp and 538ft Torque - Sold

Yeah, open sunroof > open windows for air when highway driving. You can actually have a conversation too.

I Support ClubWRX
    Ordered a 2012 SWP Limited Sedan, loved the black leather with red stitching, besides I work for chase and we get the cars at dealer invoice minus 2% ( Subaru VIP FTW! ) so I figurued why not I couldn;t justify the 8000 more for an STI with roughly 40 more HP. Id rather spend that cash on mods and be faster than an STI.

Quote Originally Posted by blank View Post
    Yeah, open sunroof > open windows for air when highway driving. You can actually have a conversation too.
    That just means your exhaust is too quiet then
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Quote Originally Posted by STORMTRP2012 View Post
    Id rather spend that cash on mods and be faster than an STI.
    Here we go again...

But you still won't handle or brake better...or have better drivetrain reliability (transmission).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    That just means your exhaust is too quiet then
    +1.I was going to say he must have the stock exhaust.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

in his defense, he didnt say anything about those, he just said faster. but if he meant faster on a closed circuit racetrack, then i guess maybe not
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    in his defense, he didnt say anything about those, he just said faster. but if he meant faster on a closed circuit racetrack, then i guess maybe not
    Valid point...he did ONLY say faster. My argument is invalid. I'll just do the same amount of money worth of mods to my STI then, and then still be faster

and have a ton more torque! no need to get all defensive though, us WRX owners know we are the inferior ones for choosing the WRX instead of the STI.

and have a ton more torque! no need to get all defensive though, us WRX owners know we are the inferior ones for choosing the WRX instead of the STI.
    LMAO I love my base model WRX and us WRX owners are not inferior for not buying an STI. First I have smoked a lot of modded STIs in a straight line and also my car is no slouch on a road course either. Doing the proper suspension and bushing setup you can easily hang with an STI. Oh yeah forgot the most important mod of all is the driver's mod. Do not worry I always wave when I pass people. lulz
    Last edited by silverschlub; 04-12-2012 at 12:30 PM.
    2011 WRX 345WHP/398WTQ E85
    My Build: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...uild-date.html

Finally, someone who sees it my way

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Here we go again...
    ...or have better drivetrain reliability (transmission).
    huh? Explain to me how WRX's have an unreliable tranny
    Last edited by carnevino; 04-12-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast