New WRX owners: Base, Premium, or Limited? and why? - Page 3

View Poll Results: Which WRX trim level did you pick up?

Voters
92. You may not vote on this poll
  • Base

38 41.30%
  • Premium

33 35.87%
  • Limited

21 22.83%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on New WRX owners: Base, Premium, or Limited? and why? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Prem Considered Lim, but the salesman talked me out of it. I dig the sunroof in nice weather, and the ...

Prem

Considered Lim, but the salesman talked me out of it. I dig the sunroof in nice weather, and the all weather pack was essential.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I wanted leather, and when I purchased there were very few cars on the lots in may area. I also really wanted HiD. I love my limited. The dealer gave me a great price so I am glad I went limited. Sun roof is fun but the leather and hid did it for me.

I wanted the hid, sunroof is ok, but hate the damn leather. Im going to replace the two front seats with recline able race seats.

Base model. Didn't need a sunroof but would be nice to have.

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    Base .

No need for sunroof or moonroof(whats the difference?).

Don't like leather seats & have no need for heated seats.

Would have liked the HIDs but a retrofit would do.
    Exactly. On every point.

I actually had a sunroof on my last car. I love the look of it tilted up, and I left it that way for just about the duration of every.single.summer since I owned it, and that effectively did nothing but get the tracks all dirty and gummed up with crap that's almost impossible to clean out. So then... what's the point?

I can use heated seats cuz I'm spoiled and my wife's Lexus has them, but essentially I just didn't need it.

And I really like the HIDs but, as Rage stated, a retrofit will be just fine once I'm ready for it.

Mostly the decision was based off of cost. I wanted to keep the car under $26k before ttl.

Quote Originally Posted by etnpnys View Post
    I actually had a sunroof on my last car. I love the look of it tilted up, and I left it that way for just about the duration of every.single.summer since I owned it, and that effectively did nothing but get the tracks all dirty and gummed up with crap that's almost impossible to clean out. So then... what's the point?
    So you were just too lazy to close at all during summers?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by THE SHIRMINATOR View Post
    base, but with limited seats...
    huh? how did you get a base with limited seats?

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    So you were just too lazy to close at all during summers?
    Nah, I would close it when it rained and stuff, but I liked the look so much that I just always left it tilted up... Not too big a deal because the car was garaged at home AND at work.

Ultimately, I just don't understand the use for a sunroof. You wanna see the sun that bad? Wait - I take that back: when we park my wife's Lexus in the garage we look through the sunroof to line up the parking job with a specific spot on the ceiling.

i only wanted 2 things on top of the base model. HID and NAV. HID was only available in the limited so I had to go with that. the leather and moonroof were just added bonuses. yes i know i couldve retrofitted both a NAV unit and HID, but I've gone that route with my past cars and they are just not as nice as OEM units.

I had a pioneer AVIC-Z120BT in my previous car and the bluetooth phone system was god awful. I did not want to go that route again. I've also had cars with OEM and aftermarket HID systems, and the OEM systems are much nicer (self leveling adjusters, etc.). Granted the WRX does not have self leveling adjusters, but it has adjusters nonetheless.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    I had a pioneer AVIC-Z120BT in my previous car and the bluetooth phone system was god awful. I did not want to go that route again.
    No joke! I had the Pioneer Premier F90BT and I will NOT be buying a Pioneer head unit again. So underpowered, code was not optimized (they run Win CE as a framework for crying out loud), and Pioneer doesn't care about you being a testing ground for a slightly newer product. No thanx. I bought a windshield mount for HTC EVO.

Nah, I would close it when it rained and stuff, but I liked the look so much that I just always left it tilted up... Not too big a deal because the car was garaged at home AND at work.

Ultimately, I just don't understand the use for a sunroof. You wanna see the sun that bad? Wait - I take that back: when we park my wife's Lexus in the garage we look through the sunroof to line up the parking job with a specific spot on the ceiling.
    Ahh garage makes all the difference. I always thought that cars look badass with the sunroof open too Every car I owned had one, until I got my 350z before this STI.

The parking job idea is money!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    I take that back: when we park my wife's Lexus in the garage we look through the sunroof to line up the parking job with a specific spot on the ceiling.
    I'm not bustin your chops but DAMNNNNN that would drive me crazy after the 1st time I'd have to look up through a sunroof every time I wanted to park my car. Why not attach a tennis ball to the end of some fishing line from the ceiling so it touches the front of your car when you pull in...that way you don't have to look up and drive. /facepalm

Quote Originally Posted by carnevino View Post
    I'm not bustin your chops but DAMNNNNN that would drive me crazy after the 1st time I'd have to look up through a sunroof every time I wanted to park my car. Why not attach a tennis ball to the end of some fishing line from the ceiling so it touches the front of your car when you pull in...that way you don't have to look up and drive. /facepalm
    Cuz I'm 6'3" and I don't want to have something hanging down in front of my face when I walk through the garage. And then, when we pull the cars out of the garage, the projector gives us movie night. Great for Super Bowl parties and kids movies when they wanna have friends over. Oh - and playing Tiger Woods Golf on the Wii. Or NFL Training Camp. Or just about anything you want a really big screen for!

I'm just saying that my garage is where the cars sleep, for sure, but that's not all we do with it.

Love the avatar, BTW.
    Last edited by etnpnys; 04-11-2012 at 02:01 PM.

Premium - I needed/wanted the heated seats, fog lights, and sunroof. And the dealer had it in the correct color combo that I wanted, so I went for it.

I do want to get an HID kit though.
    '11 WRX 5-door Premium - Satin White Pearl
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...-progress.html

ah yeah fog lights, forgot about those. eventually when you get a FMIC you lose the ability to house fogs though, i think.
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast