New WRX owners: Base, Premium, or Limited? and why? - Page 2

View Poll Results: Which WRX trim level did you pick up?

Voters
93. You may not vote on this poll
  • Base

39 41.94%
  • Premium

33 35.48%
  • Limited

21 22.58%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on New WRX owners: Base, Premium, or Limited? and why? within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; Got the Base since all my other cars were fully loaded and never really used any of the features on ...

Got the Base since all my other cars were fully loaded and never really used any of the features on them. Love my Base.
    2011 WRX 345WHP/398WTQ E85
    My Build: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...uild-date.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

My 2012 Limited should be in this month. Didn't really want leather, but HIDs were a must. Since I don't care for aftermarket light solutions....Limited was the choice!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by daddyb View Post
    Limited, love the black leather with red thread interior. I don't like heated seats but all my passengers do. Only regret is being in too much of a hurry and not including the Nav. Anyone have experience with an after market nav?
    If you can afford the stock Nav, you can get a million times better aftermarket setup. You can even get ones that allow you to use the stock audio controls on the steering wheel, you just have to install a new bluetooth microphone.

I got the base because i just wanted the performance. The leather would be nice but id be paranoid all the time. Hd only thing i wish i had are the HIDs. Im going to get a kit for that so its no big deal tho.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk

Limited -
    I wanted a sunroof, had a moonroof on my last car and was always disappointed it couldn't roll back. I use that all the time in the summer. In winter it gets cold enough that I def wanted heated seats and I use them tons. Leather was just something I've always liked, to me it gives the car a nicer appearance and feel. I drive the car everyday and I like it. I didn't know what HIDs were when I was shopping, but when I drove it home that night I sure did.

I only went with a limited for the HIDs, lol. The STI I used to own I only paid 31k for it. Now they are 34-38K ouch! For the user that asked about aftermarket NAV. It can be done, its just you will most likely lose your factory blue tooth. You can go with a pioneer double DIN NAV that will have blue tooth, but I'm not sure if you can intergrate that with the factory steering wheel controls.

Premium because I wanted the sunroof and fogs. Heated seats are a nice bonus too. Didn't really want Leather or care about HIDs.

Base. Compared to my Datsun it is going to be a Bentley.

Quote Originally Posted by MDWRXer View Post
    I only went with a limited for the HIDs, lol. The STI I used to own I only paid 31k for it. Now they are 34-38K ouch! For the user that asked about aftermarket NAV. It can be done, its just you will most likely lose your factory blue tooth. You can go with a pioneer double DIN NAV that will have blue tooth, but I'm not sure if you can intergrate that with the factory steering wheel controls.
    There's a wire harness that is made by a company called Metra I believe. Just Google it...it will allow you to retain the steering wheel controls.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Limited .. it's my second car after Accord n I wanted heated leather n hid

Base, no options. I didn't see the value in upgrading when I was only interested in the sunroof, and it seemed wasteful to pay interest on options when I could save money by paying cash.
    Stink eye mob #727
    2011 WRX DGM Hatch, Protuned Stage 1

Registered User RapscallionInPBP's Avatar
    Premium for the nav and cloth seats.

Didn't want the leather because of my experiences with my outback, which had leather seats. Got tired of feeling like a piece of toast in the Texas summers, and tired of feeling like an ice block in the Pennsylvania winters. So, cloth seats this time.

Really wanted HIDs, but the salesman said I could do an HID upgrade for under the $1k difference to get the limited.
    Forever nub...

I Support ClubWRX
    Premium. Leather is nice until is degrades, and then it's terrible. I prefer the cloth seats better, and HID isn't a big thing for me.
    Isaac -- 2003 WRX sedan Stg II - Gave its life for mine 6/2013.
    2007 Outback 3.0R wagon
    Proud owner of a N.E.R.D, Member 1.3810-23

The pursuit of knowledge is hopeless and eternal... Hooray!!! - Professor Farnsworth

I Support ClubWRX
    Limited all the way. I wanted leather and a sunroof. To me the leather interior blows the cloth seats out of the water. There's just no comparison between the two. For the price the limited was worth it for me. Finally got silver wrx limited this past Friday and I love it! Asfor as the above post about leather degrading....um, take care of it. Takes about 20 minutes to treat my leather in my previous car and I live in Vegas...DRY DRY DRY heat. After 7 years my leather looked brand new, actually more comfy than it was on the day we bought it. It's just like any..take care of it and it will last.

Banned
    I wanted a Base. I can careless about heated seats. Not a huge fan of leather and I wanted the STi spoiler and base comes with no wing. so i wouldnt have to have the premium or limited trunk fixed or even buy a new one that cost alot more money. The only thing the other options had I wanted was Fogs but thats something I can add on anytime for not alot of money. I guess depends on what you wanna do with it. My main reason was because of the spoiler I wanted.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.