New '12 wrx hatch owner from suffolk, long island - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on New '12 wrx hatch owner from suffolk, long island within the New Member Hangout forums, part of the Community - Meet other Enthusiasts category; that'll be nice...put some pictures later Originally Posted by nyrangerfan222 Thanks guys. Goin to do red vinyl overlays next on ...

that'll be nice...put some pictures later
    Quote Originally Posted by nyrangerfan222 View Post
    Thanks guys. Goin to do red vinyl overlays next on the tails

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i have DGM and love it. subarus paint is **** so expect a lot more chips. welcome. that car is beautiful...

Quote Originally Posted by turrbro View Post
    i have DGM and love it. subarus paint is **** so expect a lot more chips. welcome. that car is beautiful...
    found my last chip yesturday morning!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    found my last chip yesturday morning!
    congrats, did you name it yet?

Thanks for the welcomes and compliments guys. I will be sure to post pics of the red vinyl overlays when I
    Get them done.

Congrats on your new ride! The car looks great. New Rex in the driveway, and celebrating a Rangers win tonight. Gloating on all levels for you sir!

grats dude looks great. im on LI too. are you planning on any mods?
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

Quote Originally Posted by Highway 101 View Post
    Congrats on your new ride! The car looks great. New Rex in the driveway, and celebrating a Rangers win tonight. Gloating on all levels for you sir!
    Thanks man. And yes what a win it was, too bad I was at work but luckily I was able to listen to play by play on my iPhone.

Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    grats dude looks great. im on LI too. are you planning on any mods?
    Thanks man. Where on LI? I have been thinking about stage 1 and stage 2, exhaust, etc... trying to read and learn as much as possible before I make my decision on what route to go. All of this is new to me so research is key at the moment. Enjoying the car stock, can only imagine what a stage 1 or 2 feels like. Also thinking of a short throw shifter but would like to try one in person before I commit. Oh and winter wheels and tires as well. Jesus the list just goes on and on. Right now is getting into prime mountain biking season so the 4 wheels have been taking a backseat to the 2 wheeled ride. I would like to meet up with locals who have such mods and see how the compare to stock in person.

south shore nassau. i highly recommend getting a stage 1 protune after your break-in, then you can decide if you want to go stage 2 later on. i never tried the standard shifter so i can't comment on the STS vs standard. i personally just want to throw some all season tires on mine when my summers wear out (i survived this light winter with my summers on, lol).
    2011 WRX Limited w/ Nav, Performance Auto Solutions Tuned by Dave - 349awhp 366 ft/lbs @ 19psi E85
    Enkei PF01s, AEM Intake, PW TMIC, TS Kompact BPV, Invidia Q300 Catless Turboback, GS EBCS
    GS Uppipe, Tial MV-S 38mm EWG, FIC 1100cc Injectors, DW DW65c FP, PTP Turbo Blanket, Zeitronix ECA Gauge
    AEM Wideband & Boost Gauges, SMY Cluster, SPT Short Throw Shifter/Bushing, Anarchy Motive Shift Knob, 30% Tint

I Support ClubWRX
    I like having 2 sets of tires, one for winter and one for summer. easy to change out and wont wear both down as easy
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    south shore nassau. i highly recommend getting a stage 1 protune after your break-in, then you can decide if you want to go stage 2 later on. i never tried the standard shifter so i can't comment on the STS vs standard. i personally just want to throw some all season tires on mine when my summers wear out (i survived this light winter with my summers on, lol).
    Im from the babylon area. I'm past the break in period, still just a little hesitant, on one hand I read that the stock tune is **** and a protune/stage 1 will make the car run much better and then on the other hand I don't want to run into troubles if the engine gets f'd up. Kind of like a damned if you do damned if you don't deal. Spoke to one shop on the island that was highly recommending the accessport and a protune Atleast "to save the engine from the **** stock tune".

Besides that dilemma, also having to spread the money throughout multiple passions/hobbies keeps holding me back from doing anything to the wrx.

yep, damned if you do and damned if you dont..... that's why i didnt do any bolt-ons until 30k. i was planning on waiting til the warranty was up, but i coudln't hold out anymore, lol

I Support ClubWRX
    yeah its hard not to mod these cars lol
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    I like having 2 sets of tires, one for winter and one for summer. easy to change out and wont wear both down as easy
    Yeah that's ideally what I would want to do. Maybe try and scoop up a used set of stock wheels and put some winter tires on.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast